become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cakes/Chocolate
Baking and Confections
Open Directory - Home: Cooking: Baking and Confections: Cakes: Chocolate
Home: Cooking: Chocolate
Recreation: Food: Confectionery: Chocolate
4th of July Chocolate Cake
- Made with sour cream, instant banana cream pudding mix, devil's food cake mix, pecans, chocolate chips, and cinnamon-flavored chips.
About.com: Collins Cake
- A one-layer chocolate cake spiced with cinnamon and topped in cooked chocolate frosting.
About.com: Red Velvet Cake Recipes
- Information on the red velvet cake, also known as the "Waldorf Astoria Cake". Includes several recipes.
Banana-Chocolate Sponge Cake
- For Passover or those on wheat-free diets.
- Layers of dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting; the outside of the frosted cake is covered with more cake that has been crumbled.
Brazilian Chocolate Chiffon Cake
- Flavored with instant coffee and cinnamon.
- Calls for cappuccino, kahlua, and chocolate.
Cherry Black Forest Cake
- Made with a chocolate cake mix, kirsch and cherry pie filling. Topped with whipped cream and garnished with chocolate curls and maraschino cherries.
Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- Light but chocolatey, this is a tall cake with no leavening other than the air that is beaten into egg whites.
Chocolate Applespice Cake
- Dense and chocolatey, with a hint of spice and the crunch of nuts.
Chocolate Cake with Rum-spiked Figs
- Made with dried figs cooked in rum.
Chocolate Celebration Cake
- Cake is cut in half the long way, then each half is split horizontally. The four layers are sprinkled with a bit of black raspberry liqueur, then sandwiched and frosted with white chocolate whipped cream.
Chocolate Chocolate Mocha Cake
- Made with buttermilk and includes a recipe for chocolate mocha frosting.
Chocolate Cream Cake
- Cake is made with canned chocolate syrup, icing with semi sweet chocolate chips.
Chocolate Crunch Cake
- Made with a German chocolate cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, caramel ice cream topping, Heath bars, and cool whip.
Chocolate Mint Layer Cake
- Cake and frosting made with mint chocolate chips.
Chocolate Port Cake
- Fine-grained fudgy cake, calls for ruby port.
Chocolate Souffle Cake
- Intensely chocolate. Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream, liqueur whipped cream, or a créme anglaise.
Chocolate Spice Cake
- Includes cinnamon, nutmeg, nuts, and buttermilk.
Chocolate-Orange Pound Cake
- A fine-grained but dense pound cake. Uses orange liqueur, but other flavors can be substituted.
Chocolate-Rum Chiffon Cake
- Light-textured chocolate cake with a bit of rum flavor.
Decadent Chocolate Cake
- Recipe from Lantern Inn Bed and Breakfast, Betterton, Maryland.
Devils Food Cake Recipe
- Made with chocolate cocoa, sugar, shortening, and eggs. Includes a white and a chocolate fudge frosting recipe.
Dr Pepper Texas Chocolate Cake
- Includes brown sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, Dr Pepper, chocolate chips, and buttermilk.
Drunken Chocolate Cake
- Rich chocolate rum cake frosted with bittersweet chocolate glaze and topped with chantilly cream.
Election Day Cake
- Old New England recipe; similar cakes were being made in the 1800's.
Fudge Pudding Cake
- An easy, one-bowl cake spread in a pan with a thin, boiling mixture of sugar, cocoa, coffee, and water poured on top.
German Culture: German Chocolate Cake
- Six different recipes for the cake.
Grand Marnier Chocolate Cake
- Garnish with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
Helene's Chocolate Cake from GourmetSleuth.com
- Easy to make, rich, dark chocolate single layer cake.
Irresistible Chocolate Cake
- Recipe from The Sampson Eagon Inn Bed and Breakfast, Staunton, Virginia.
Killer Chocolate Cake
- Made with cocoa powder and coffee.
Mashed Potato Chocolate Cake
- The potatoes add body and help to keep the cake moist without adding any flavor of their own.
Mississippi Mud Cake
- Made with cocoa, coffee and a little bourbon.
Mocha Pound Cake
- Very dense, very moist, and very chocolate cake.
Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Cake with a truffle center.
- Made with a chocolate cake mix and a marshmallow-coconut filling.
PastryWhiz: Jamaican Chocolate Cake
- Calls for a Jamaican spice mix made with thyme, curry powder, cumin, allspice, ginger, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne.
RecipeSource: Cake Recipes
- Large index of chocolate cakes.
Red Velvet Cake and the Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax
- Classic red velvet cake with thick frosting recipe. Also includes information on how the cake relates to a very old cookie myth.
Rocky Roadhouse Cake
- Contains butterscotch pudding, chocolate cake mix, chocolate and butterscotch chips, and marshmallows.
Sauerkraut Chocolate Cake
- Moist cake recipe with whipped cream frosting instructions. Serves twelve.
Seven Layer Liqueur Cake
- Made with chocolate spongecake, sandwiched with vanilla pastry cream, and doused with hazelnut liqueur.
Toasted Almond Chocolate Cake
- Layer cake covered with a smooth, not-too-sweet chocolate frosting, then dressed up with the addition of toasted, slivered almonds all over the exterior.
A Touch of Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- A very light, high cake with the flavors of ginger and a bit of chocolate. The optional glaze adds more chocolate flavor if desired.
Triple Chocolate Cake
- A chocolate cake frosted with a chocolate buttercream, then finished with a dark chocolate glaze.
- Made with a German chocolate cake mix and sweetened condensed milk.
- Sometimes called "Crazy Cake" or "Three Holes" cake, it is traditionally mixed in the baking pan, this recipe calls for mixing in a bowl.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:35:09 AM EDT -