the entire directory
only in Consumer_Information/Jewelry_and_Gemstones
Jewelry and Gemstones
Arts: Crafts: Jewelry
Business: Consumer Goods and Services: Jewelry
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles
Shopping: Auctions: Jewelry
Society: Law: Services: Expert Witnesses: Financial: Appraisal and Valuation: Gems and Jewelry
This category in other languages:
American Gem Trade Association
- The natural colored gemstone and cultured pearl source of information and ideas.
Antique Jewelry Online
- Jewelry history features take readers through the popular styles during specific eras. Also includes gemstone lore and articles about materials used to make jewelry.
Buy a Diamond
- Diamond buying advice. Includes facts about the origins of diamonds and how the stones progress from rough to cut.
- Diamond basics, covering the 5 C's--carat weight, color, clarity, cut and cost.
- Information to help make shoppers aware of simulated stones and of diamonds that might have received undisclosed treatments to improve their appearance.
Diamond Buying Guide
- Discusses certification, shapes, grade, and other diamond related topics. Also includes precious metal guides.
- Buying tips and educational guidance for diamonds and diamond engagement rings. Includes a community forum.
Diamond Information and Education
- Learn and discuss about diamonds and diamond jewelry through education tutorials, articles, chat, forums and informative FAQs.
- Diamond buying guide includes a price database, diamonds tutorial, and diamond FAQ.
- An illustrated glossary, including terms that describe fine and costume jewelry, gemstones, and jewelry making.
Gem Gallery - The Image.com
- Photos of gemstones, each accompanied by a description of the gem's properties and where it is commonly found. Includes instructions for close-up gem photography.
Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
- A nonprofit organization that offers gemstone identification and buying advice to consumers and training to those in the jewelry trade. The GIA provides lab services to the jewelry industry.
The House of Tibara
- Facts about opal include chemical make-up, buying advice, cutting and polishing basics, and opal care. Includes photos of different types of opals.
How Stuff Works: Moissanite Jewels
- Five-part, illustrated guide that discusses the origin of natural Moissanite and explains how it is being created in the lab today.
- Provides basic information to help familiarize buyers with the qualities they should look for when searching for a diamond.
- Informational site with articles by volunteer editors from the jewelry industry. Includes articles on gemstones, buying guides, help for men, and common questions.
The Jewelry Box Newsletter
- Features tips on buying diamonds and jewelry, gemstone facts and cleaning silver.
Jewelry Buying Advice
- Provides information to help consumers evaluate and purchase gemstones, jewelry, watches and related accessories. From About.com.
- Offers articles discussing jewelry terminology, pricing, quality measures, and more.
Soyouwanna Buy an Engagement Ring
- Multi-page article that offers engagement ring buying advice.
- A reference library covering natural gemstones and minerals, synthetic and treated gems. Also offers resources for people who would like to pursue a career in gemology.
Jewelry and Gemstones
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 9, 2014 at 5:15:10 UTC -