become an editor
the entire directory
only in Consumer_Information/Food_and_Drink
Food and Drink
Open Directory - Home: Consumer Information: Food and Drink
Food and Water Borne Illness
Genetically Modified Food
Science: Technology: Food Science
Society: Issues: Environment: Food and Drink
Society: Issues: Health: Food, Drink and Nutrition
Society: Law: Legal Information: Food Law
This category in other languages:
- Takes a critical look at "Chocolate-Is-Good-For-You" campaigns and dispels some of the health benefit myths.
Bottled Water Web
- Includes forum, FAQs, glossary, resources, articles, regulations, new products and statistics.
California Cling Peaches
- Nutrition information, fruit tips, recipes, industry facts, orchard history, and links for consumers, school and foodservice, kids, and dietitians. Includes newsletters, art, and educational information.
- Offers nutritional information and comparisons of margarine and butter.
- Website run by the Center for Consumer Freedom, a nonprofit coalition which opposes activist interference with and legal restrictions on the sale of food and beverages in the USA.
Consumer Guide to Purchasing Saffron
- Guide to help cooks, chefs and consumers become familiar with saffron. Includes glossary, purchasing tips, and recipes.
- Offers nutrition information, wine reviews, recipes, and food reviews.
CSPI - Center for Science in the Public Interest
- The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is a nonprofit education and advocacy organization that focuses on improving the safety and nutritional quality of our food supply.
FDA/CFSAN Consumer Advice
- Information available to the public about food safety and food products.
Federal Citizen Information Center - Food
- Directory of factsheets on nutrition and food safety.
- Includes list of E-numbers, categorized by name, by number and by adverse effect. [Hungarian and English]
Food and Drink Federation
- Body representing the UK food and drink manufacturing industry. FDF works with government, NGOs and consumers to develop industry positions on issues and renew confidence in the food chain.
Food Information (multilingual)
- Information on food production, food safety, additives, ingredients and other topics. With FAQ (over 300 questions). In 12 languages, by 2005 in all European languages.
Food Intolerance Network
- Provides information about the effects of food on behaviour, health and learning in both children and adults and offers support for families using the low chemical elimination diet - free of additives, low in salicylates, amines and flavour enhancers (FAILSAFE). Includes newsletters, articles, fact sheets, recipes and support groups.
Food Safety And Inspection Service Recall Information Center
- Recalls are voluntary actions carried out by industry in cooperation with Federal and State agencies. Products are recalled when found to be contaminated, adulterated, or misbranded. Site lists active and archived cases from both US Federal and state agencies.
Food Safety Project
- Provides information on food safety and quality. From Iowa State University Extension.
Food Safety Risk Analysis Clearinghouse
- Data, tutorials, tools, and links to numerous sources of information for professionals and consumers.
- Provides links to US Government information for consumers and producers, educational material, alerts, and reporting of illnesses and problems.
FoodRoutes - Where does your food come from?
- Discusses advantages of buying from local sources and community level map.
Foods and Nutrition
- Large collection of articles on food safety, safe food handling, nutrition, meat storage guidelines and many other food related issues. From Nebraska Cooperative Extension.
Greenline -The Summertime Rules
- In the summertime foods can quickly reach the "danger zone." This fact sheet provides tips to help prevent this from happening. From University of Illinois Extension.
Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetables
- Dedicated to improving the health and nutritional status of food stamp populations in New York State. Offers consumer purchasing information, food safety and preparation tips, recipes, and event calendar.
- India consumer exchange contains reviews and tips on food, beverages, and restaurants.
National Food Safety Database
- Directory of factsheets and other resources on food safety and nutrition.
NPR : Lettuce Learn How to Wash Produce
- Food safety experts explain how to best wash fruits and vegetables before eating them.
- Discover recipes using Pace salsa, picante sauce, and queso. Find out about current promotions. Learn about all the different flavors of Pace products.
Seasoned Cooking: Cyber Food
- Review article about various places on the web to find food and cooking information.
Seasoned Cooking: Food on the Web
- A review of SOAR, the Searchable Online Archive of Recipes.
Seasoned Cooking: FoodGeeks.com
- Review of the food and cooking site, FoodGeeks.com.
Seasoned Cooking: Home Cooking
- A review of the About.com site for the site also called Home Cooking.
Shelf Life Taste Test
- Provides reviews of packaged food. Judges conduct blind taste tests on gourmet and supermarket items, and rate the products.
- Learn to shop for health in the virtual supermarket of over 1000 healthy retail foods. Contains food reviews, tip sheets, health professional newsletter, and educational resources.
Texas Technical University: Food Safety
- Compiled by Dr. Mindy Brashears, gives information for consumers and the industry regarding various food safety issues, and scientific references.
Two Dips Ice Cream Tasters
- Offers ratings and reviews on a variety of ice cream products.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency: Pesticides and Food
- Describes the types used, prescribed limits, risks to health, and regulatory framework.
UK Food Guide
- Information on all types of additives and E numbers used in both the manufacture and preservation of foodstuffs, chemicals used to grow food, and the effects that these substances have upon people and their environment.
University of Guelph: Food Safety Network
- Directory of articles, press releases, and information sources.
What You Need to Know About Mercury in Fish and Shellfish
- United States Food and Drug Administration advisory. Contains links to additional information including a table showing mercury levels in commercial fish and shellfish.
WHO - ECR: Food safety
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) Food Safety Programme gives links to their programs on, food safety, food legislation, Codex Alimentarius (HACCP) Systems, surveillance of foodborne disease, Global Environmental Monitoring System, and, Emerging and other Communicable Diseases Surveillance
Food and Drink
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:25:39 PM EDT -