become an editor
the entire directory
only in Computers_and_Internet/Security
Computers and Internet
Open Directory - Home: Consumer Information: Computers and Internet: Security
Computers: Software: Freeware: Security
This category in other languages:
- A free resource for those in need of Internet privacy. The aim of this site is to educate Internet users how to protect their privacy at little or no cost.
Computer Security information for the rest of us.
- Computer Security information in plain language. Learn how to protect your computer from viruses, spyware and spam.
GRC Security Now
- Provides access to weekly podcasts and whitpapers on topics like Windows Vista, computer security, virus advisories, and other interesting hacking topics.
How to Bypass Most Firewall Restrictions and Access the Internet Privately, a.k.a. The Surf At Work Page
- This guide discusses a way an employee or student can securely access the Internet while at work or school, and also get around some common firewall restrictions that prevent using most networked programs.
- Provides tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you be on guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information.
- Free openly distributed DNS servers that provide greater reliability and security for business and home users surfing the web. These DNS servers attempt to detect phishing scams that are often times linked to from within unsolicitated emails.
Outlook Express Security Tutorial
- Learn how to backup your Outlook Express (OE) Email, investigate the Windows Registry and transfer your email account and rules settings to another PC.
- Government Site that is run by the Federal Trade Commission. Information about how the government can help protect kids and the general public. It has lots of information about official policies.
Protect Your Privacy and E-mail on the Internet
- Guide to protecting privacy and personal information. Includes information on protecting passwords, e-mail software, IP numbers, encryption, firewalls, anti-virus software, and related resources.
- Designed for consumers to check if their email address has been found on commonly circulating lists of stolen accounts and passwords.
- Spyware information and tools.
- Educational site intended to help consumers understand both the positive aspects of the Internet as well as how to manage a variety of safety and security issues that exist online.
- Internet safety, protecting online privacy, virus prevention, web security and e-mail tips.
- Offers advice about things that can go wrong online, including con artists, identity thieves, predators, stalkers, criminal hackers, fraud, cyber-romance gone wrong and privacy problems. Includes contact form.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 4, 2011 9:04:11 AM EDT -