become an editor
the entire directory
only in Advocacy_and_Protection/Organizations
Advocacy and Protection
Open Directory - Home: Consumer Information: Advocacy and Protection: Organizations
Home: Personal Finance: Money Management: Credit: Counseling and Repair: Non-Profit Counseling
Society: Issues: Business
Society: Issues: Fraud
This category in other languages:
The Better Business Bureau of the Atlantic Provinces Inc.
- The Better Business Bureau exists to promote mutually beneficial relationships between buyer and seller based on responsible business practices. Consumer Information, Advocacy and Protection.
Better Business Bureau, U.S. and Canada
- Helping consumers and businesses maintain an ethical marketplace.
The Better Contractors Bureau
- Assists homeowners in search of reliable contractors who adhere to a code of ethics and offer fair pricing, good products and workmanship.
Bracknell Forest Trading Standards
- Information and advice about the Trading Standards Service provided by Bracknell Forest Borough Council for consumers and businesses.
Canada’s Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA)
- Consumer law, recalls, frauds, consumer awareness.
Canadian Council of Better Business Bureaus
- Governing body of the local Better Business Bureaus across Canada. Located in Toronto, Ontario.
Citizens Advice Bureau
- Helps people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice, and by influencing policymakers.
Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada
- An organization devoted to providing co-operative housing information specifically to Canadians.
- Advocacy group focuses on defending consumer rights, referring consumers to complaint-handling agencies through free hotline, publishing educational materials.
Consumer Federation of America
- Consumer advocacy organization lobbying on issues such as health, insurance, financial services, agriculture, food safety, housing, firearms, product safety, and product liability.
- Materials developed by Consumers Union's advocacy offices on a variety of consumer issues, including health care, financial services, food safety, and product safety.
ECHO: Executive Council of Home Owners
- The Executive Council of Homeowners (ECHO) is a nonprofit membership corporation dedicated to assisting California homeowners associations. ECHO provides help to homeowners associations on many fronts: finances, legal issues, insurance, maintenance, and management. Members receive help through conferences, trade shows, seminars, a 48-page monthly magazine, and publications.
Homeowners Against Deficient Dwellings HADD
- A consumer protection group for homeowners and homebuyers.
Household HSBC Watch
- Watchdog group and activist coalition reports consumer complaints about this international financial services company.
International Consumer Rights Protection Council
- Provides guidance and help to take action through the Consumer Court against the defaulter whether it is a manufacturer, dealer, educational institute or service provider. Based in India.
Jewellers Vigilance Canada Inc.
- A non-profit association dedicated to the betterment of the jewelry industry in Canada by advancing ethical practices within the industry and promoting consumer protection by assisting government and law enforcement agencies with issues ranging from misleading advertising and misrepresentation to smuggling and trademark infringement.
National Assn. of Railroad Passengers
- This national organization, does not represent the interest of those who are advocating the revival of old steam trains; but preferably modern, economically viable, and environmentally safe surface transportation.
National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
- An association of more than 1000 attorneys and consumer advocates who have a wide range of experience curbing abusive and predatory business practices and promoting justice for consumers.
The National Consumers League
- This organization sponsors the National Fraud Information Center, Internet Fraud Watch, and child labor protections.
Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Trading Standards Unit
- Advises on and enforces a range of laws relating to the quality, quantity, price, description and safety of goods and services supplied by businesses.
- Accreditation scheme for web retailers. Authorised by TrustUK which is supported by the UK government.
Safety Equipment Institute
- This is a safety certification organization.
- An organization with information on health matters.
- Independent, non-profit, global initiative aimed at building trust and confidence in online transactions through the adoption of a branded trustmark informing users of how personal information is handled by online organizations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 25, 2013 2:05:13 AM EST -