the entire directory
only in Consumer_Information/Advocacy_and_Protection
Advocacy and Protection
Junk Mail and Telemarketing
Lost Property Recovery
Home: Consumer Information: Complaints
Home: Personal Finance
Society: Issues: Fraud
Society: Law: Legal Information: Consumer Protection
This category in other languages:
- Online self help from Citizens Advice. Provides information to help people solve their problems.
- Offers members only access to assistance in getting money refunded without an attorney.
- Consumers can access their personal credit report and insurance score. Also offers tools to find doctors, dentists or chiropractors, and research to verify professionals and businesses.
- Gateway to complaints agencies and codes of practice.
Consumer Advocate Tim Duffy
- Consumer advocate offering advice on how to get the most for your money and pitfalls all consumers should be aware of.
- Consumer advice and complaints information for consumers, includes a directory of consumer organisation contacts.
Consumer Reports WebWatch
- Consumers WebWatch, a project of Consumers Union, publishes research and journalism on credibility issues that matter to consumers, and recommends Web-wide guidelines to address widespread problems of credibility and trust.
- A nationally-recognized, California-based, non-profit consumer education and advocacy organization. Deals in insurance reform, healthcare reform, billing errors, and other issues.
Consumers International (CI)
- Supports, links and represents consumer groups and agencies all over the world. It has a membership of over 250 organisations in over 100 countries. It strives to promote a fairer society through defending the rights of all consumers, especially the poor, marginalised and disadvantaged.
Consumers' Association of Canada
- An independent, non-profit volunteer organization, represents and informs consumers and advocates action on their behalf to improve the quality of life.
- Links to complaint sites, scam alerts, fraud complaint centers, advice columns, advocacy resources for products, automotive, real estates, taxes, financial including credit cards.
Contractors From Hell
- Information and resources on contracting for and hiring home remodeling contractors.
- Discusses how to deal with ecrooks or Internet con-artists, who do not deliver merchandise.
- FairComment.con is an organisation dedicated to championing the consumer's rights for fair play for goods or services purchased from big businesses.
- Offers a public complaint board, special reports and advice.
- Consumer advice relating to holiday and travel complaints. Offers assistance to consumers who have suffered appalling holidays.
HomeOwners for Better Building
- Dedicated to helping homeowners resolve their construction defects, and exposing the use, abuse, and unfair tactics of binding arbitration in new home contracts.
- A critical view of the health infomercial marketplace.
Insurance Consumer Advocate Network
- Retired adjuster created site where consumers receive tips on buying insurance as well as help in settling auto insurance claims, home insurance claims and personal injury claims.
Massachusetts Housing Consumer Education Centers
- One-stop Shopping for Housing Information and Referrals offered by the Massachusetts Nonprofit Housing Association's statewide network of housing agencies. Tenants, landlords, prospective buyers and homeowners can access information, referrals, brief counseling or workshops on a wide range of housing issues.
The Ministerial Council on Consumer Affairs - MCCA
- Consists of all Commonwealth, State, Territory and New Zealand Ministers responsible for fair trading, consumer protection laws and credit laws.
- Exposes the strings and catches in advertising fine print.
- A consumer complaint site. Post and read complaints from other consumers.
NewBuyer Buying Guides
- Buying portals of rated links in objective, easy to navigate buying guides to help buyers make confident buying decisions
Northeast Mediation and Arbitration
- Promotes reconciliation and settlements of disputes from personal injury matters to civil rights and employment claims. Includes general rules, fees and policies, mediator's profile and partial list of clients. Located in Quincy, Massachusetts.
Protecting Yourself from Consumer Fraud
- Florida Citizen Safety Center. Short text articles on many potential fraud situations.
Seal California Arrest Records On Line
- Obtain free investigator search tools that allows you to operate like a private investigator and obtain information plus a section to seal court records on line.
So You Wanna.com: Refunds
- Consumer information regarding refund requests, effective letter writing tips, enlisting outside sources, follow up and small claims court.
Social Security Number FAQ
- Other Information on SSNs and Privacy
The Swedish Consumer Coalition
- An organisation for consumers and other organisations, who has the goal to increase the influence of the consumers on the market and in the politics.
Tattletale Consumer Hotline
- A consumer information web site providing consumer tips, alerts, health and fitness notes, and private sector and public sector information. Additionally, consumers may post complaints and get answers to questions.
Texans for Builder Reform
- Working to bring about reforms to the unregulated Texas home building industry to provide consumer protection for new home buyers and licensing of all Texas home builders.
- Offers free on-line electronic library of theft reports submitted by anyone who has had something stolen from them.
Theme Park Accident Reports
- A volunteer-run program to create a database of accidents involving injury at major amusement parks around the world. Includes safety tips for visitors and families.
- Helps dissatisfied consumers get refunds and apologies.
Ticket Scam Resource Center
- Informs consumers about the different types of scams involving concert and sporting event tickets.
The Troubleshooter Network
- In conjunction with Tom Martino's syndicated radio show, the site provides business referrals, consumer news, and a discussion board.
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC )
- Official federal agency website, including recalls, reports, and alerts.
Advocacy and Protection
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 14, 2014 at 7:40:55 UTC -