become an editor
the entire directory
only in Teen_Health/Drugs_and_Alcohol
Drugs and Alcohol
Open Directory - Health: Teen Health: Drugs and Alcohol
Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse
Home: Family: Parenting: Child Safety: Substance Abuse
Society: Issues: Health: Drugs: Illegal
This category in other languages:
Above The Influence
- Interactive site focusing on ideas to keep teens from using drugs. Allows teens to share their stories through photos and videos.
- A non-governmental federation for national abstainer organizations in Europe.
- A UK based drug and alcohol treatment charity. Includes drug information, parent section, publications and links.
Adolescent Use of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs by adolescents impacts the health and socioeconomic well-being of the population. [PDF]
Alcohol and Drug Articles
- Offers a variety of articles about alcohol and drug abuse in teens; including how to stay sober from these addictions.
- An open letter to a daughter about the effects of drugs, drinking and death.
- Stephen Arrington is an anti-drug and motivational speaker that has spoken at over 500 schools.
How Stuff Works: How Alcohol Works
- In-depth partial graphic tutorial about alcohol examines all the ways in which alcohol affects the human body.
- Guide to preventing inhalant abuse.
Interview with Howard A. Liddle, EdD,
- Answers to questions about the state of the science of adolescent substance abuse treatment and research.
Mind Over Matter
- Series explaining how the brain responds to different drugs. From the National Institutes of Health.
Monitoring the Future
- An ongoing study of the behaviors, attitudes, and values of American students and young adults funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information: For Kids Only
- Learn about the brain's response to marijuana, opiates, inhalants, hallucinogens, stimulants and steroids. Information on how to help someone with a drug or alcohol problem.
Partnership at Drugfree.org
- A drug abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery resource, to help parents and caregivers address alcohol and drug abuse with their teens and young adults.
- Resources for parents about teens, drugs, and drug education. Strategies for home and school.
Teens With Problems
- Information to help parents spot substance abuse in their teen, including over the counter medications, huffing of inhalants, and use of illegal drugs.
The Mendez Foundation
- A substance abuse and violence prevention organization, focuses on alcohol, tobacco and drug prevention education among children and teenagers.
Tips for Teens about Crack and Cocaine
- Overview, quick facts and risks associated with crack and cocaine from the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information.
Willow Tree, Inc.
- A prevention and wellness agency that provides workshops, conferences and programs empowering youth and adults and to create a kinder, more caring and drug-safe world.
Drugs and Alcohol
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 29, 2010 6:02:07 PM EDT -