become an editor
the entire directory
only in Support_Groups/Mental_Health
ADD and ADHD
ADD and ADHD, in Children
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Substance Related Disorders
Health: Mental Health
Health: Mental Health: Policy and Advocacy: Alliances and Support
Health: Mental Health: Self-Help
Adult Children of Mentally Ill Parents
- Community forum and links for adult children of mentally ill parents.
American Mental Health Association
- Schizophrenia, depression, bipolar and schizoaffective disorder, NBD, alcoholism, and drug addiction are discussed in terms of cause, treatment, prevention, recovery, and online self-help therapy.
The Bright Side
- Support, resources, and information for those struggling with mental or emotional difficulties. Includes feeling down, coping with loss, aging well, news and events, and creative minds.
- A message board to share feelings, thoughts, actions, or anything else about depression and addiction.
- Non-profit organization which introduces single men and women recovering from mental illness to one another. Includes history, how it works, membership, real stories, and media.
- Information on psychological disorders and psychiatric medications. Includes mental health chats, support groups, journals, diaries, online psychological tests, and news.
Mental Earth Community
- Mental health forums managed by Dr. Warren Selekman, PhD. Variety of mental health forums and chat rooms.
NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill)
- Not-for-profit, grassroots, self-help, support and advocacy organization of consumers, families, and friends of people with severe mental illnesses.
NAMI State Affiliates
- Links to state affiliates of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill.
National Empowerment Center
- Practical information and techniques for recovery from mental illness.
- Message board for mutual support and education, focused on medication-related topics.
- Online social network, offers blogs, journals, boards, and video chat. Includes groups about eating disorders, parenting, ADHD, OCD, relationships, self-harm, and dissociative disorders.
Washington Advocates for the Mentally Ill
- Addressing the needs of individuals with mental illness and their families through advocacy, public education, information and referral, and self-help support groups.
World Fellowship for Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders
- An international education and support network for families and friends of people with mental illnesses.
Wounded Healer Journal
- An online community which features resources and peer support for victims and caregivers of those dealing with post trauma issues, and other mental health issues.
Yahoo Groups: My Tears Are Real
- A pro-recovery BPD, depression and self-injury support group.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 19:47:35 UTC -