become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tobacco/Resources
Society: Issues: Health: Tobacco: Tobacco Industry Documents
Action on Smoking and Health (ASH)
- U.S. legal-action antismoking organization. Resources include information on health effects, quitting, advocacy programs and techniques, smoking statistics, and U.S. antismoking groups.
BBC News | Smoking
- Collection of stories from the BBC.
Big Tobacco Looks for a Clean Getaway
- Entire issue of Multinational Monitor devoted to the 1997 proposed deal with the tobacco industry.
Bmj.com Collected Resources: Smoking
- Includes hundreds of papers, news stories, clinical reviews, letters, debates, and editorials about health effects and public policies.
British Medical Journal, 5 August 2000
- Tobacco is the theme of this issue; articles on health policy, lung cancer, passive smoking, tobacco dependence, tobacco litigation.
CDC's tobacco stats - state by state
- Center for Disease Control database for state's tobacco use. Broken down by cigarette, cigar,pipe, and smokeless tobacco. Also provides statistics.
Center for Tobacco Surveillance and Evaluation Research
- Monitors tobacco use trends over time in response to tobacco control activities.
Documents on Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarettes
- Tobacco documents, secret documents, tobacco sites, smoking-related news, addresses, history, movie and book lists, health information, quit-smoking, spit tobacco.
The Dope on Nicotine
- NOVA episode on nicotine, addiction, and tobacco products.
eMedicine - Nicotine Addiction
- Medical facts on the physiology of nicotine addiction, and the effect tobacco products have on the brain, lungs, and other vital organs, and a treatment options section.
Engle Trial News
- Large collection of articles, notes, and commentary on the Engle trial in Florida.
Fact Sheets About Smoking and Tobacco
- Collected by the Nonsmokers Movement of Australia.
GASP of Colorado Education Center
- Tobacco information resources ranging from the costs to society to the effects of secondhand tobacco smoke.
Health Education Inc. Research Promotion Prevention
- Tobacco prevention and education for Nebraska children and communities. News, legislation, and art.
Health Effects of Tobacco and Secondhand Smoke
- Factsheets on tobacco, secondhand smoke, the tobacco industry, and cigarette sales.
House of Commons - Smoking and Health - Second Report
- UK scientific report on smoking in Britain, awareness of the health effects of active smoking, passive smoking, nicotine addiction, and the tobacco industry in Britain.
How Stuff Works: How Nicotine Works
- Illustrated tutorial describes how nicotine can be a stimulant or a depressant, depending on when used and how much.
India Tobacco News Extracts
- Cancer Patients Aid Association hosts news stories on tobacco in India.
Information on Drugs of Abuse: Nicotine
- Resources on nicotine addiction from the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
Leave The Pack Behind
- A campus smoking program which provides information for smokers and non-smokers.
Making Smoking History
- Article features public health worker who challenges the conventional view of smoking as an individual problem, and makes the case for tobacco as a societal health problem.
- Medical emphasis; factsheets, clinical trials, prevention/screening, news, organizations, statistics, particular populations.
MedlinePlus: Smoking and Smokeless Tobacco
- Topic in MEDLINE's medical encyclopedia covers effects, chemical components, diseases caused, quitting tobacco, with 4 poster-quality illustrations.
Men and smoking
- Compilation of articles by Menstuff on smoking and impotence, spit tobacco, influences undermining public health efforts, smokefree living, secondhand smoke, and nicotine addiction.
Missouri Department of Health: Smoking and Tobacco
- Factsheets and reports on tobacco prevention, clean in door air, costs of tobacco products, youth tobacco use, and county-level studies; most in PDF or Word format.
National African American Tobacco Prevention Network
- A national network of Black tobacco-control and health promotion activists.
The National Center for Tobacco-Free Older Person
- Advocacy group and center for conducting research, education and training to increase public awareness of the effects of tobacco on older persons and to reduce smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke by older persons. Includes fact sheets with data about smoking among older persons, and information specific for older persons about tobacco-related health problems, smoking cessation, and tobacco settlement funds.
Nicotine Addiction to Disease: Growing Up With the Tobacco Industry
- Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute materials covers history and consequences of tobacco use.
NIDA Research Report - Nicotine Addiction
- National Institute on drug abuse report on nicotine covers addiction, extent and impact of tobacco use, how nicotine works, effects of long-term nicotine exposure, treatment of nicotine addiction, gender differences in smoking.
NIEHS Report on Carcinogens
- Evaluation of substances by scientists from the National Toxicology Program has listing that includes Environmental Tobacco Smoking, Tobacco Smoke, and Smokeless Tobacco.
- Art depicting anti-smoking messages.
Not To Kids!
- Campaign to educate the community about the Tobacco Control Act of Ontario.
- RJ Reynolds' grandson is a well known anti-smoking advocate and motivational speaker, for grades 7-12. He speaks at community events, school assembly programs and colleges on the dangers of smoking, and influence of tobacco industry advertising campaigns.
Philippe Boucher's Rendez Vous
- Interviews with major figures in tobacco control.
Powerpoint Presentations on Tobacco
- 18 powerpoint presentations from leading tobacco experts, including tobacco company bar promotions, marketing tobacco to women, economics of tobacco, types and uses of tobacco litigation, US tobacco marketing tobacco outside the US, and teenagers, smoking, and transnational tobacco corporations.
- Dedicated to exposing tobacco industry activity in Texas and around the globe.
Proposed US Federal Tobacco Legislation
- Tech Law Journal summary of bills pertaining to tobacco sales and ads on the Internet.
Public Versus Private Statements Made by the Tobacco Industry
- From the book The Cigarette Papers, footnoted table documents 30 years of public and private statements made by the tobacco industry regarding nicotine and addiction.
Risk Management Internet Services - Tobacco
- For-pay site, providing subscribers with information about tobacco.
- Large list of links and resources compiled by an ex-smokers with COPD. Introduced by her own poem, the Smoker's Prayer.
Smoking From All Sides
- Links to pages for all perspectives of smoking. Includes sites about anti-smoking groups, commentary, health effects, cessation, celebrity smokers, statistics, news, history, and pro-smoking documents.
State of Health Products
- Anti-tobacco ID tags, T-shirts, posters, buttons, magnets, wall signs, bookmarks, headbands, and the now-obligatory mouse pads.
Submission to Senate Inquiry into the Tobacco Industry - 1994
- Shortened version of the "Time for Action" submission by the Non-Smokers' Movement of Australia provides a terse summary of tobacco's effects, marketing, industry influence, public health significance, social response, history.
- National poster contest for fourth- and fifth-graders on tobacco-free lifestyles.
Tobacco Dentistry Program
- Lecture outlines for tobacco; education program; tobacco and periodontal diseases; tobacco induced and associated oral conditions; spit tobacco; cigar; secondhand smoke; nicotine addiction; stages of quitting; cessation clinical practice guidelines; quitting pamphlets; quitting aids.
Tobacco Industry Tracking Database
- Searchable database contains bibliographic citations, abstracts, and detailed indexing for over 11,000 articles, news stories, and other materials regarding the tobacco industry, clean indoor air campaigns, and other tobacco policy issues.
The Tobacco Lords
- Entire issue of Multinational Monitor devoted to tobacco; includes China's Tobacco Wars; Addicting the Young; The Tobacco Lobby; Fighting for Smoke-free Skies; tobacco economics.
- Names of people involved in tobacco; some with short descriptions of the involvement; a work in progress.
UCSF Tobacco Control Archives
- California has been a leader in tobacco control; UCSF maintains an archive of important documents, including many formerly secret tobacco industry internal memos.
- Online tobacco control community of the International Union Against Cancer (UICC) offers tobacco control resources, papers, directory, networks, calendar, factsheets, and country profiles. Tobacco news headlines and bulletins.
University of California - Center for Tobacco Control and Research Education
- Publications on tobacco include analysis of industry documents, and reports on industry influence in government.
University of Michigan Tobacco Research Network
- Network of University of Michigan scholars, spanning many disciplines in numerous UM schools and colleges, who share an interest in tobacco and nicotine related research. Tobacco websites, news and events, research.
Washingtonpost.com: Tobacco Overview
- Collection of stories on tobacco from the Washington Post.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 14, 2014 at 16:35:04 UTC -