become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tobacco/Research
Cancer Control and Population Sciences: Tobacco Control Research
- NCI monographs pull together research results on cigarettes, smoking, prevention, and related topics.
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education
- Repository for scholarship published by the Center spanning policy and historical research, economics, and science.
Clearing the Smoke: Assessing the Science Base for Tobacco Harm Reduction
- Online book runs to 700 pages and has chapters on: harm reduction, tobacco products, nicotine pharmacology, tobacco smoke and toxicology, cancer, heart disease, birth defects, and tobacco industry marketing of health claims.
The Economic Consequences of Tobacco: Dispelling the Myths
- Economist summarizes the research and dispels the myth that reduced smoking will cost jobs.
The Impact of Tobacco Control Program Expenditures on Aggregate Cigarette Sales: 1981-1998
- Econometric analyses of the impact of tobacco control expenditures on aggregate tobacco use show that state tobacco control programs work.
The Institute for Global Tobacco Control at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- The Institute strives to prevent death and disease from tobacco use around the world through research, education, evaluation, and policy development.
International Tobacco Evidence Network
- Working to maintain a formal network of economists, epidemiologists, social scientists and other tobacco control experts able to provide rapid, policy-relevant research on country-level, regional or international tobacco control issues.
- Recent papers published in the Journal of the American Medical Association on tobacco and related topics.
- Teenagers are more likely to think smoking is cool after they've watched their Hollywood idols light up on screen -- unless they've just seen an advertisement reminding them of the real effects of tobacco, research finds.
Monitoring the Tobacco Epidemic: Data Sources
- Abstracts from conference presentations on measuring prevalence, demographics, and trends.
Most Smokers Do Not View Themselves At Increased Risk for Health Problems
- Contrary to assertions that "everyone knows", research finds that most smokers underestimate the risk.
Nicotine Perfectly Built for Addiction
- Recent research concludes "it would be difficult to design a better drug to promote addiction" than nicotine.
NIDA Notes - A Collection of Articles on Nicotine Addiction
- About 12 items summarizing various research from 1995 to 2000.
NIDA Research Report - Nicotine Addiction
- From the National Institute on Drug Abuse, report on nicotine, nicotine delivery systems such as cigarettes and other tobacco products, the extent and impact of tobacco products, treatments for nicotine addiction, and gender differences.
The Ontario Tobacco Research Unit
- OTRU is the research component of the Ontario Tobacco Strategy, and is a focal point for an active tobacco control research network in Ontario.
A Randomised Controlled Trial of a Community Prevention Campaign
- Eight pairs of small Oregon communities were randomly assigned to receive a school based prevention program alone, or that plus a community program. Results, analysis, and discussion.
Smoking and Tobacco Research Guide
- Annotated bibliography; supplies links when cited source is online.
Smoking Experimentation and Smoking-attributable Mortality due to Joe Camel and Marlboro advertising and promotions
- "Despite public denials, internal tobacco company documents indicate that adolescents have long been the target of cigarette advertising and promotional activities...(From this analysis) we projected how many future deaths in the United States can be attributed to each brand."
Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
- Information on the latest research, abstracts, publications and events related to nicotine and tobacco.
Special Populations and Tobacco
- Poster session from recent conference looks at tobacco and ethnic minorities, low income Americans, people with disabilities.
Study of Teen Risk Perception of Smoking
- Study finds that the vast majority of smokers do not accurately assess the risk of smoking.
Surveillance and Evaluation Program
- Monitors trends in tobacco use in Wisconsin, evaluates statewide programs and policies, and assists local communities in program evaluation and communicating findings to state and local leaders.
Tobacco Control Archives Collections
- List of archives of interest to researchers; hosted by UCSF. Some online.
Tobacco Research from Around the World: An International Perspective Poster Session
- Abstracts from scientific publications presented at a 2002 health conference, discusses issues in Japan, Mexico, Pakistan, Banglandesh, France, Taiwan.
Tobacco Use in British Columbia
- Results of extended telephone survey in BC, Canada, looks at trends, provincial breakdown, aboriginal use, south east Asian use, alternate tobacco forms, and teen use.
Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program
- Research funding opportunities; research progress reports; conference proceedings and publications; newsletters; upcoming events.
UW - Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention
- Academic center at the University of Wisconsin dedicated to researching tobacco dependence, providing intervention and outreach services for young people and adults, and developing policy initiatives to reduce tobacco use and resultant health and economic burdens. Tobacco facts, research study participation, grant opportunities, latest research findings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2013 at 6:04:19 UTC -