become an editor
the entire directory
only in Specific_Substances/Coffee
Business: Food and Related Products: Beverages: Coffee
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: C: Caffeine
Home: Cooking: Beverages: Coffee
Recreation: Food: Drink: Coffee
Shopping: Food: Beverages: Coffee and Tea
The Coffee Review - Reference
- Browse hundreds of pages of informative coffee materials adapted from Kenneth Davids' books. Includes a section on coffee and health.
Ill Effects of Caffeine and How to Quit Coffee
- Information about symptoms of caffeine addiction, calculating daily intake, withdrawal symptoms, and quitting gradually.
Institute for Coffee Studies
- Division of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center that investigates the chemical nature of coffee, identifies potential therapeutic uses, and disseminates findings to the public. Includes summaries of research.
Institute for Scientific Information on Coffee
- Answers to questions about the effects of coffee on health, provided by the Institute for Scientific Information on Coffee.
New Scientist: Coffee Drinkers Have Lower Diabetes Risk
- In a Dutch population, drinkers of seven or more cups of coffee a day were half as likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Journal reference: Lancet (vol 360, p 1477).
JAMA: Coffee Consumption and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association reports an association between coffee consumption and a reduced risk of diabetes in a Finnish population. (March 10, 2004)
JAMA: Association of Coffee and Caffeine Intake With the Risk of Parkinson Disease
- Higher coffee and caffeine intake is associated with a lower incidence of Parkinson Disease in a study of Japanese-American men. Published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. (May 24, 2000)
JAMA: Coffee Consumption and Symptomatic Gallstone Disease in Men
- In a study of men in the United States, coffee consumption may have helped to prevent symptomatic gallstone disease. Published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, (June 09, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 7, 2015 at 5:15:08 UTC -