become an editor
the entire directory
only in Benefits/Beer
Open Directory - Health: Specific Substances: Alcoholic Beverages: Benefits: Beer
Business: Food and Related Products: Beverages: Beer
Home: Consumer Information: Food and Drink: Beer
Recreation: Food: Drink: Beer
Shopping: Food: Beverages: Beer
AskMen.com: The Benefits of Beer
- Medical benefits of drinking beer.
Beer is Better than Milk
- Nutritional comparison of beer and milk, as well as wine and distilled spirits.
The Brewers of Europe: The Benefits of Moderate Beer Consumption
- Brewers' trade group offers information on beer's effect on heart health and obesity, as well as nutrients found in beer. Includes references. [PDF]
Realbeer.com: Beer And Your Health
- A variety of articles on the effects of beer on nutrition and health.
Health 24 - Scientists brew menopausal beer
- Czech scientist have created a non-alcoholic beer with 10 times the normal amount of phytoestrogen, intended to help relieve menopausal symptoms and maintain bone density. (June 02, 2006)
New York Times - Beer Spas: Yeast of Eden
- Article on "beer spas" that have opened in previous ten years in the hills and lowlands of Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic, promising health, wellness and the chance to bathe in your favorite suds. (April 30, 2006)
The University of Western Ontario - Study Shows Beer Has Same Benefits As Red Wine
- Press release describing the results of the study, which show a glass of beer or stout has the same antioxidant properties as a glass of red wine. (September 14, 2004)
BBC News: Guinness good for you - official
- Research indicates a pint of stout may be as effective as a daily aspirin in preventing coronary blood clots. (November 13, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, September 29, 2007 6:43:10 AM EDT -