become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alcoholic_Beverages/Benefits
Open Directory - Health: Specific Substances: Alcoholic Beverages: Benefits
Alcohol and Health
- Describes scientific medical evidence about the effects of moderate alcohol consumption on health and longevity.
FOXNews.com: Drinking May Boost Brain Power in Women Over 65
- A WebMD story reports on a study published in the journal Neuroepidemiology, which found that older women reporting at least one alcoholic drink per day tested higher in mental -- particularly verbal -- skills. (June 07, 2006)
Medical News Today: Moderate Drinking Raises Hormone that Protects from Artery Disease
- A study done at TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Netherlands suggests that moderate drinkers have better hormone levels than heavy drinkers or people who do not drink any alcohol at all. (May 16, 2004)
CNN.com: Light Drinking May Cut Stroke Risk
- Studies have indicated that drinking alcohol in moderation can cut heart attack risks, and new research supports the theory that the same holds true for preventing strokes. (February 05, 2003)
ScienceDaily: Alcohol Linked to Decreased Hypertension Risk in Young Women
- Researchers at the Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital in the US find that moderate alcohol consumption in women was beneficial to blood pressure and at high levels it was harmful. (March 11, 2002)
JAMA: Moderate Alcohol Consumption and Risk of Heart Failure Among Older Persons
- Increasing levels of moderate alcohol consumption are associated with a decreasing risk of heart failure among older persons. Journal of the American Medical Association. (April 18, 2001)
JAMA: Protective Effects of Moderate Alcohol Consumption on Ischemic Stroke
- The protective effect of moderate consumption of alcohol was found in various populations. Journal of the American Medical Association. (January 06, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2013 at 10:05:07 UTC -