become an editor
the entire directory
only in Specific_Substances/Alcoholic_Beverages
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: A: Alcohol
Recreation: Food: Drink: Drinking
Society: Issues: Health: Alcohol
- Alcohol In Moderation is an organization promoting a sensible and moderate drinking message. Information from scientific researchers, the beverage alcohol industry and associations, on research, health issues and legislation.
Caloric Values of Alcoholic Beverages
- From the University of Rochester Health Service. Details the caloric content of popular beer brands, different wine types, distilled liquors, drink mixers, and alcopops.
- Raising awareness about alcohol, health issues, legislation and drinking. Find useful information on binge drinking, hangover remedies and the health effects of alcohol.
BBC News - A daily drink 'only good for men'
- Covers research showing that drinking alcohol daily protects against heart disease in men but not in women. (May 25, 2006)
Eurekalert: Light-to-Moderate Drinking Appears to Have Little Effect on the Risk for Breast Cancer
- A new study in 'Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research' confirms that heavy drinking increases risk for breast cancer, but that light to moderate drinking appears to have little effect on a woman's risk for breast cancer. (July 14, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 27, 2013 at 6:54:03 UTC -