become an editor
the entire directory
only in Vision/Organizations
Open Directory - Health: Senses: Vision: Organizations
American Uveitis Society
- A resource for researchers in inflammatory eye diseases.
Association for Macular Diseases, Inc.
- Online resource providing information and support for people with macular degeneration and other macular diseases.
British Contact Lens Association
- Information about the association. Clinical Conference announcements, continuing education courses and scientific meetings.
Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group (CEVG)
- International network of individuals working to prepare, maintain and promote access to systematic reviews of interventions to treat or prevent eye diseases or visual impairment.
Cornea & Contact Lens Society of New Zealand
- A resource for contact lens wearers (both current and potential wearers) and for contact lens practitioners - specifically for the dissemination of information, continuing education and public awareness of the many aspects of safe contact lens wear.
Council for Refractive Surgery Quality Assurance
- Consumer organization providing information about wavefront, LASIK, and other refractive surgery techniques. Includes a database of certified practitioners.
Donor Network of Arizona
- Federally designated, not-for profit organ recovery organization for the state of Arizona.
Eye Care Foundation
- Non-profit foundation providing information and resources for patients with macular degeneration, eye cancer and related eye diseases.
Fight for Sight
- A non-profit organization funding fellowships and grants for vision research and children's eye clinics in the U.S. and internationally to prevent blindness and find cures for all eye diseases.
International Association of Contact Lens Educators (IACLE)
- Global educational organisation dedicated to raising the standard of contact lens education worldwide and promoting the widespread, safe use of contact lenses.
International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment, European Region
- Shares information and knowledge on the field of education and rehabilitation of people with visual impairment.
International Ocular Inflammation Society
- Independent scientific society studying ocular inflammatory diseases.
International Society for Clinical Electrophysiology of Vision
- ISCEV promotes knowledge and cooperation in field of clinical and basic electrophysiology of vision.
International Society for Eye Research
- Dealing with ocular research and news updates.
International Society for Genetic Eye Diseases and Retinoblastoma
- A forum for researchers to share information and promote international collaborations in the study of genetic diseases of the eye.
International Uveitis Study Group (IUSG)
- Researchers and clinicians engaged in research and clinical management of uveitis.
- Worldwide organization dedicated to overcoming vision impairment through rehabilitation, education, research and advocacy.
Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research
- Non-profit charitable organization dedicated to the recovery, evaluation and distribution of eye tissue for transplantation, research and education.
Louisiana Lions Eye Foundation
- Works in conjunction with local Lions clubs and The LSU Medical Center to research eye care.
NASA Vision Group
- A team of scientists and engineers who conduct research on human vision and visual technology for NASA missions.
National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research
- Non-profit advocacy organization made up of a coalition of professional, consumer, and industry organizations involved in research in eye and vision disorders.
Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Improves the quality of life in the areas of sight, hearing, diabetes and positive youth development.
Philadelphia Retina Endowment Fund
- Established by members of the Retina Service of Wills Eye Hospital, located in Philadelphia, PA. The Fund is devoted to medical research related to diseases of the retina, macular degeneration (Bower Laboratory), the development of a resource guide for PA.
Sight and Hearing Association
- Dedicated to preventing the needless loss of vision and hearing through effective screening, education, and research. This site provides public information about eye and ear topics as well as information regarding products and services.
Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation
- Offers education and support, and strives to increase awareness and research into more effective treatments and a cure.
Talking Newspaper Association UK
- Provides national and regional talking newspapers and magazines in alternative formats for the blind, visually impaired and the disabled who find it difficult to hold a newspaper.
Tear Film & Ocular Surface Society
- The official website of the Tear Film and Ocular Surface Society.
Vision Australia Foundation
- Not for profit organisation providing services, facilities, and information to visually impaired persons. Contact and location details, resource list, professional and business service information, and library of Braille, audio, or large print format details included.
The Vision Council
- Optical trade organization dedicated to educating the public about eye health and eyewear. Tips on choosing the most attractive eyeglasses for the shape of your face.
Vision2020: The Right to Sight - UK
- Facilitates collaboration and co-operation between organisations within the UK with a focus on visual impairment, and who operate on a national, regional or international basis.
Vitreo Retina Society of India
- Promotes the practice and research of the diseases of retina and vitreous.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:27:04 PM EDT -