become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/Consumer_Information
Health: Medicine: Reference
Home: Consumer Information
This category in other languages:
U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Protecting Yourself
- Resource for consumers to help them make better buying decisions when shopping online. Includes information on how to determine if a site is legitimate, how to spot health fraud, and how to report fraudulent sites.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality - AHRQ
- Provides practical health care information, research findings, and data to help consumers, health providers, health insurers, researchers, and policymakers make informed decisions about health care issues.
Center For Medical Consumers
- Not for profit, independent organization in the USA, informing and helping to protect members of the public in their encounters with the medical care system.
- Tests popular nutritional non-prescription supplements to ascertain purity.
Dietary Supplement Quality Initiative
- Provides information for consumers about issues affecting the quality of dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, and botanical or herbal products.
Eyeglass Retailer Reviews
- Reviews of online eyeglass retailers, including pricing, and BBB ratings.
- Dedicated to helping people obtain eyeglasses online. Reviews, consumer ratings, e-mail discussion group.
- Compares retail prices of prescription drugs from different pharmacies in the United States. Coupons, discount card. Mobile app. Pill identifier.
- Health law, policy and regulatory materials. Organized deep links to US government health care resources.
- Offers self-help and wellness videos, blogs, and community forum.
NIH Health Information
- Gateway to publications and online resources for consumers and professionals.
Proceed with Caution: A Report on the Quality of Health Information on the Internet
- The findings of a large 2001 study that describes and evaluates search engine performance and the quality and readability of health information (in English and Spanish), and provides conclusions and recommendations.
- Includes health resources, discussion and news.
Statement from the American Academy of Ophthalmology Regarding Circle Lenses
- Improperly fitted contact lenses can cause serious health problems. Over the counter sales of nonprescription contact lenses are illegal in the United States. (July 07, 2010)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 12:35:09 UTC -