become an editor
the entire directory
only in Public_Health_and_Safety/Patient_Safety
Public Health and Safety
This category in other languages:
- Web-based patient safety resource and journal that showcases patient safety lessons drawn from actual cases of medical errors; cases of medical errors, expert commentaries, and a users' forum.
Alliance for Human Research Protection
- National network to advance responsible and ethical medical research practices and empowers patients with information they need to make informed research choices.
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Represents pharmacists who practice in hospitals, health maintenance organizations, long-term care facilities, home care, and other components of health care systems. Resources on medication-error prevention efforts.
American Society of Medication Safety Officers
- Promotes public health by representing the professional interests of pharmacists and medication safety officers practicing in hospitals and other healthcare organizations.
Australian Patient Safety Foundation
- Provides leadership in the reduction of harm to patients in all health care environments and provides incident reporting and monitoring systems. Collects de-identified incident report data for inclusion in an aggregated database that facilitates comparative research.
Australian Resource Centre for Healthcare Innovations - ARCHI
- Supports the learning process for health professionals involved in clinical service redesign in Australia.
BMJ Quality & Safety
- A monthly journal presenting peer-reviewed ideas, solutions and practices in the field of patient safety and quality improvement.
Center for Advancement of Health
- Translates to the public the latest evidence-based research on health, health care, prevention and chronic disease management, with an emphasis on how social, behavioral and economic factors affect illness and well-being.
- Provides cure research information for more than 1200 diseases.
Dupont Linhoff Patient Assessments
- Hospital out-patient health assessments, prevention and intervention screening, and instant patient survey reports.
FDA Patient Safety News
- Televised series carried on satellite broadcast networks for health care personnel at hospitals and other medical facilities across the country. Features information on new medical devices, FDA safety notifications and product recalls, and ways to protect patients when using medical devices.
Healthcare Leadership Council
- Serves as a coalition of chief executives from all disciplines within the health care system and forum to jointly develop policies, plans and programs; includes resources on key issues, legislative advocacy, and current news.
Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Consolidates resources and information to help health care professionals accelerate progress and performance improvement; training and research resources.
Institute For Safe Medication Practices
- Provides information about adverse drug events and their prevention to healthcare practitioners and institutions, regulatory agencies, professional organizations and the pharmaceutical industry. Includes research findings, books and publications, an electronic discussion forum, and links to related sites.
IPRO Quality Improvement Organization
- Assesses quality of health care for federal and state agencies, providers, managed care organizations, commercial insurers, Fortune 500 companies, business coalitions and unions. Services include utilization review, study design, data analysis, and claim review.
Kaiser Permanente Institutional Review Board
- Provides overview of FDA regulations defining the Institutional Review Board (IRB); links to relevant literature, research, and resources on the IRB process.
- Provide innovative patient safety products, such as barcoding, filing, and blood transfusion systems; services include change management support.
The Leapfrog Group
- Promotes improvements in the safety of health care by giving consumers data to make more informed hospital choices. Includes hospital survey results, patient safety research, and links to related sites.
LifeWings Partners LLC
- Offers improvements in patient safety utilizing aviation-based training programs.
Making Health Care Safer
- Supports health services research that will improve the quality of health care and promote evidence-based decisionmaking.
Maryland Patient Safety
- Supports regional patient safety initiatives by encouraging collaborative efforts, disseminating current knowledge relating to patient safety, and developing a formal structure for activities.
Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety
- Promotes patient safety by encouraging collaboration between participants of the Minnesota health care system. Includes organizational assessment tools, information on best practices, and links to related resources.
National Patient Safety Foundation
- Information, research, and resources on professional, consumer, and systems issues related to patient safety. The online discussion forum is devoted to development of a safer health care system.
National Quality Forum
- Promotes change through development and implementation of a national strategy for health care quality measurement and reporting.
Partnership for Patient Safety
- A patient-centered initiative to advance the reliability of healthcare systems worldwide. Includes videos, audio cassettes, and CD-ROM training tools.
Patient Safety and Quality Healthcare
- Provides broad range of safety and quality information for patients, clinicians, and healthcare administrators; online and in print format.
Patient Safety Group
- Encourages a culture of safety by providing tools that allow health care organizations to communicate, collaborate, improve and share; eCUSP (electronic unit-based patient safety program).
Patient Safety Institute
- Provides real-time, secure, patient-centric clinical information in five areas critical for delivering quality care: diagnoses, laboratory results, medications, allergies and immunizations.
Patient Safety Reporting System
- A voluntary, confidential, non-punitive program available to all VA employees for the reporting of events and concerns related to patient safety.
- Provides multimedia, interactive, informational programs for the healthcare industry; services enhance patient safety, improve clinical care, and reduce risk exposure.
Safe Practices in Patient Care
- Dedicated to helping nurses caring for the critically and chronically ill to minimize medical errors by presenting clinically and evidenced-based safe practices.
SAFER California Healthcare
- The Strategic Alliance For Error Reduction in California Healthcare (SAFER) promotes and coordinates patient safety research activities, clinical delivery systems, and educational programs. Includes University of California medical centers, state agencies, and organizational partnerships.
- Conducts research that will transform medical training from the current apprentice model to real-time computer-based medical simulations; objectives include improving medical education and increasing patient safety.
Social & Scientific Systems, Inc.
- Improves public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government and private sector clients; helps clients, including federal agencies, state health organizations, clinical trials networks, and research entities, to advance research missions, enhance communications, shape policy, and implement programs in the global battle against HIV/AIDS and other diseases.
Train for Patient Safety
- Offers health care training for patient safety improvement, medical errors reduction and healthcare quality enhancement; products and services include e-learning solutions, CDs, written materials, onsite training, and access to national conferences and audioconferences.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 19, 2014 at 14:15:13 UTC -