become an editor
the entire directory
only in Midwifery/Organizations
Open Directory - Health: Professions: Midwifery: Organizations
Health: Nursing: Organizations
Health: Women's Health: Organizations
This category in other languages:
AIMS - Association for Improvements in the Maternity Services
- Campaigns for better understanding of the normal birth process and also provides support and information about maternity choices in the UK and Ireland. Includes articles, publications and a quarterly journal for members.
American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Accredits, administers and promotes education programs. Also establishes clinical standards. Offers links to news, resources, careers, legislation and publications.
American Midwifery Certification Board
- The national certifying body for graduates and accredited training programs.
Association of Ontario Midwives
- Features resources and links. Provides a basic introduction, information on media, government and consumer relations, professional development and events.
Association of Texas Midwives
- Promotes quality of maternal-child healthcare as well as providing information and support for members. Offers news, calendar of events and a searchable database of practitioners.
Citizens for Midwifery
- Volunteer based organization founded by mothers. Promotes citizen and consumer awareness. Includes the midwives model of care definition, resources, state by state analysis and FAQ.
College of Midwives
- American College of Domiciliary Midwives home page. Provides information and links to other schools and organizations. Located in CA.
College of Midwives of Manitoba
- Self-regulating governing body which maintains and ensures standards of practice. Also provides further information on registration, codes of ethics, educational principles and legislation.
Colorado Alliance of Independent Midwives
- Advocates homebirth midwifery as an autonomous profession. Aims to ensure every pregnant woman within the region has access to care. Links to birth stories, news and skills workshops.
Columbus Midwives and Doulas Club
- A club promoting and supporting midwifery, labour, delivery nurses and doulas who advocate for clients in the birthing environment and support childbirth options.
International Confederation of Midwives
- A collection of 85 national associations from over 75 countries. Focuses on the worldwide advancement of aims and aspirations in attaining improved outcomes for women. Includes news, factsheets and a variety of other resources.
Long Island Midwives.com
- Educational outreach service for nurse/midwives, childbirth educators and doulas practicing in the area. Includes a searchable directory, links to events, statistics and birth stories.
Midwife Associations Database
- A list of international associations, listed by geographical locations.
Midwifery Coalition of Nova Scotia
- Works and campaigns towards integrating and funding the profession within the provincial healthcare system. Also provides articles, a chronology of the group and contact information.
Midwives Alliance of North America
- Organization which focuses on a mission to promote midwifery as a quality health care option. Offers news, definitions and resources as well as listing conference dates.
The Midwives' Association of Washington State (MAWS)
- Non-profit organization that aims to promote public and professional recognition. Offers resources and a searchable database of practitioners .
National Association of Childbirthing Centers
- Offers a variety of information about birth centers to parents and health care professionals. Provides articles, a directory of centers and FAQ section.
New York State Association of Licensed Midwives
- Supports the needs and concerns of practitioners within the state. Includes a mission statement, news, events and legislative updates.
New Zealand College of Midwives
- Regulatory authority which sets standards of professional practice. Also provides information on education, registration, standards review processes and publications. Offers additional regional sections.
North American Registry of Midwives (NARM)
- Certifying organization recognizing and encompassing multiple routes of entry into licensed practice. Offers detailed sections on certification processes, professional accountability, policy and procedures as well as newsletters.
NSW Midwives Association
- Aims to represent professional, educational and political interests, also to promote quality practice in maternity care. Includes links to events, news and education resources. Based in New South Wales, Australia.
Ohio Friends of Midwives
- Promotes homebirth, the use of direct-entry professionals, and the model of care. Describes roles, routes to practice and membership information.
Oregon Board of Direct Entry Midwifery
- Sets practice standards, administers exams, monitors peer review, and has the authority to revoke licensure and issue civil penalties.
Quinte Midwifery Committee
- Promotes the profession as an acknowledged and safe option for maternal-child healthcare. Further links to research articles, updates and an optional survey. Based in Ontario, Canada.
Washington State Midwives
- Provides information for practitioners and consumers focusing on professional issues and women's health. Links include birth options, articles on decision making and a searchable database.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:00:45 AM EDT -