become an editor
the entire directory
only in Midwifery/Education
Open Directory - Health: Professions: Midwifery: Education
Health: Medicine: Education
Health: Nursing: Education
Ancient Art Midwifery Institute
- Home study based course designed as an in-depth introduction and apprenticeship to midwifery. No official accreditation offered at the present time.
The Art of Midwifery
- Offers aspiring midwives and doulas workshops and classes focusing on holistic non-interventive models of care.
- Offers on-line, distance based learning for midwives, doulas, breastfeeding coordinators and other related professionals. Provides course and certification details, further resources and a newsletter.
Birthingway College of Midwifery
- Three year degree program training direct-entry midwives. Located in Portland, Oregon. Midwifery Education Accreditation Council (MEAC) accredited.
Charles Sturt University - Graduate Diploma of Midwifery
- Based in New South Wales, Australia. Offers registered nurses the opportunity to become practitioners. Provides an in-depth course outline as well as information on entry requirements and scholarships.
- A variety of programs and educational retreats focusing mainly on aquanatal and waterbirths. Offers workshops, classes and American Aquanatal Certification.
Frontier Nursing University
- The home of nurse-midwifery in the US, providing innovative education for aspiring midwives.
- Canadian school based in Sudbury, Ontario which offers educational programs in both English and French. Four year course.
Maternidad La Luz
- Accredited MEAC school located in El Paso, Texas. Educational program located within a birthing center, provides all clinical experience onsite.
Michigan School of Traditional Midwifery
- Two year program combining correspondence learning and workshops. Scholarships available.
Midwifery in Australia
- An overview of the requirements and various pathways to midwifery available. Offers brief descriptions of qualifications needed, registration boards, education and information on professional bodies.
Midwives College of Utah
- Distance learning direct entry program. Offers degree and certification options.
The National College of Midwifery
- Offers a number of degree courses in a distance learning format. Also includes course details, application requirements and fees.
National Midwifery Institute Inc.
- A three year direct entry distance learning program. Details a curriculum overview as well as a student section, tuition fees and FAQ. Based in Vermont.
- Midwifery resources for Oregon. Includes schools, professional organizations, links, birth stories.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center - Midwifery Education Program
- Offers various Nurse-Midwifery certifications. Accredited by the American College of Nurse Midwives and located in Brooklyn, New York.
University of Limerick - Higher Diploma (Midwifery)
- Two year program for registered nurses who wish to join the profession. Describes entrance requirements, a brief break down of the course and direction for admission enquiries. Located in Ireland.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 13, 2014 at 11:53:37 UTC -