the entire directory
only in Nutrition/Nutrients
Open Directory - Health: Nutrition: Nutrients
Vitamins and Minerals
Shopping: Health: Nutrition: Supplements
This category in other languages:
- Offers information and practical advice about fish oil, omega 3, and fatty acids.
- Includes information about vitamins, minerals, herbs, bee products and antioxidants.
Calcium and Vitamin D
- Study on the use of calcium and vitamin D for preventing hip fractures.
Egg Nutrition Center
- Scientific information for nutritionists and health care providers to learn about eggs and good nutrition. Has list of research and scientific studies done an eggs online.
Essential Fatty Acids
- Explanation of the fatty acids that are healthy. Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 fatty acids and which foods they can be found in.
Fish Oils in Health and Disease
- Collected articles describing current scientific research relating to the benefits of fish oil and fish consumption, including benefits of fish oil for various conditions and diseases.
Food Additives and Ingredients Association
- Includes information on food additives and food ingredients such as enumbers, emulsifiers, flavorings, colorings, functional foods, and preservatives.
- Information about effects of vitamins and minerals in the body with reference listings for individual nutrients.
- Discover nutrient contents and see if you're getting the RDA.
- Provides research findings, mechanism of action, and details of suppliers.
Hydrogenated Oils: The Silent Killers
- Discusses the effects of hydrogenated oils in the human diet, with numerous references to scientific studies.
- Help to define the best fat for your own food application.
Life Research Universal- Health Department
- Has listing of foods with saturated fat, cholesterol, and calories. Provides menus with fat and caloric content and nutritional values.
Linus Pauling Institute's Micronutrient Information Center
- Information regarding the roles of vitamins, minerals, other nutrients, dietary phytochemicals, and some foods in preventing disease and promoting health.
Lutein - The Vision Carotenoid
- Simple and clear information on role of lutein, a plant carotenoid deficient in most western diets, in vision, especially the prevention of 'age-related macular degeneration', as well as overall health, from the 'Lutein Information Bureau' in USA.
Mike's Calorie and Fat Gram Chart
- Has calorie and fat gram chart for 1000 foods sorted by carbohydrates, cholesterol, protein, and fat listed alphabetically. Provides health and fitness links.
NUT Nutrition Software
- Free nutrition software for Linux and DOS, which records and analyzes meals with the USDA nutrient database.
Natural Food: Fruit
- Discusses how we came to be eating the small range of fruits we now eat, and the relative nutritional and protective strengths of commercially available fruit.
Natural Food: Grains Beans and Seeds
- Covers legumes and seeds and their role in the human diet through human evolution. Focuses on the legume, grain, and seed species worldwide, and is particularly relevant to the legume/grain debate in reference to human biochemistry.
Natural Food: Vegetables
- A discussion of the nutritional values of vegetables during human evolution and today; including the importance of tubers, roots, corms, rhizomes and bulbs during evolution. Includes notes on wild African, Asian, and European edible plants.
- Directory of information on nutritional supplements, herbal supplements and health concerns.
Nutrient Data Laboratory Food Composition Data
- Downloadable data sets prepared by the USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory with nutrient values of foods.
- Offers online nutrition tools that generate nutrition facts labels for any food or recipe. Provides a nutrient almanac designed to aid in planning a healthy, balanced diet.
- Online nutrient database of over 66,000 raw, cooked and packaged foods.
Pecans, Nutritional Content.
- Fat profile, studies on the effect of pecans and other nuts on blood profiles. From the National Pecan Shellers Association, USA
Soy Info Online
- Information on soy, soy products, and legumes. Nutrient charts for common legumes, discussion of allergies, phytochemicals, and protective effects.
Whey Protein Institute
- Advocates the use of whey proteins in nutrition. Describes nutrition facts and functions complete proteins have in diet.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:35:04 AM EDT -