become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nutrition/Disease_Prevention
Open Directory - Health: Nutrition: Disease Prevention
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer: Prevention
Health: Public Health and Safety: Disease Control and Prevention
Health: Reproductive Health: Pregnancy and Birth: Nutrition
This category in other languages:
CASH — Consensus Action on Salt and Health
- British group persuading food companies to reduce the salt content of processed foods, and educating the public about the perils of consuming too much salt.
Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Diseases (WHO)
- An independent expert report on the relationship of diet, nutrition and physical activity to chronic diseases issued jointly by FAO and WHO in 2003. Contains link to full PDF report for download.
Effects of Early Nutritional Interventions on the Development of Atopic Disease in Infants and Children
- A revised update on the role of early dietary factors in the prevention of atopic disease (atopic dermatitis, asthma, food allergy) in infants and children. From the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Food Issues in Human and Veterinary Medicine
- This site addresses the vital relationship between foods and the diseases that plague mankind and their pets, including allergies and autoimmune disorders.
Lowering Your Blood Pressure With DASH
- Detailed consumer brochure on the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) eating plan. Includes a full week DASH menu and recipes. From the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). [PDF]
- Offers nutrition information and advice for specific medical conditions for consumers and health care providers. Operated by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).
WASH — World Action on Salt and Health
- Global group with the mission to improve the health of populations throughout the world by achieving a gradual reduction in salt intake.
Nutrition Screening Initiative from the AAFP
- Nutrition checklist designed to alert individuals, family members, and physicians to conditions that may lead to malnutrition, particularly in the aged. (March 01, 1998)
Usenet sci.med.nutrition -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:24:04 AM EST -