become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nutrition/Alternative
Open Directory - Health: Nutrition: Alternative
Health: Alternative: Resources
Health: Nutrition: Dietary Options
This category in other languages:
14 Carrot Healthy Living
- Provides nutrition information regarding various supplements including barleygreen and herbs. Also has diet, cleansing, spiritual, and motivational tips.
Alternative Nutrition Quiz
- Visitors to the site are invited to test their knowledge about alternative nutrition.
- Features nutrition and exercise information and stories.
- Reports from veterans of vegetarian and raw-food diets, veganism, fruitarianism, and instinctive eating, plus new science from paleolithic diet research and clinical nutrition.
Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
- Offers courses in natural and holistic nutrition through distance education; participants earn the designation "Registered Holistic Nutritionist".
Food and Healing
- Includes articles concerning uses of home remedies in foods to maintain health and well-being. Based on the work of Annemarie Colbin, author of Food and Healing.
Freedom to Choose Alternative Treatment
- Advocating the use of nutritional strategies in the prevention and treatment of cancer.
- Teaching health through alternative nutrition. Students of Dr. Richard Schulze, teaching and practicing his style of natural healing.
- Alternative, complementary and preventive health news.
- Provides information and newsletter about research in the field of immunology and nutrition.
Holistic Nutrition for the Whole You
- Holistic nutrition therapy and counseling focusing on issues concerning intake of supplements and healthy lifestyles. Has list of herbal and homeopathy products on site.
- Metabolic and nutritional library providing information relating to nutritional biochemistry and the metabolic needs of the chronically ill patient.
NIH Office of Dietary Supplements--IBIDS Database
- A database of published, international, scientific literature on dietary supplements including vitamins, minerals, and botanicals.
New Millennium Nutrition
- Nutrition and supplementation research by a Registered Nurse, covering diet, food groups, supplements and hormonal precursors.
- Information about holistic health management; program of classes held by Holly Anne Shelowitz about healthy nourishment.
Nutrition and Alternative Therapies in Liver Disease
- Information from the Rush Medical Center in Chicago; covers diet alternatives for liver patients.
Nutritional and Metabolic TeleMedicine
- Provides abstracts from publications, information on B-12 deficiency, metabolic disorders and alternative nutrition. Newsletter available by subscription.
The Alchemycal Pages
- Information on macrobiotics and healing through nutrition. Sales of books and videos.
- Offers holistic nutritional programs using herbs, vitamins, and minerals. Includes recipes, food facts, and health related information.
Weston A. Price Foundation
- Information on the benefits of nutrient-dense foods and the foundation's agenda in the areas of education and research; articles on specific foods such as soy products.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:50:28 AM EDT -