become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nursing/History
Dix, Dorothea Lynde
Health: Professions: Midwifery: History
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Medicine
Society: History: By Topic: Social History: Health
An 1895 Look At Nursing
- Excerpt from "Ambulance Work and Nursing" provides an enlightening look at the nursing environment of the day.
About Nurses and Nursing
- A collection of net links on nursing history and notable nurses, from About.com.
American Association for the History of Nursing
- Fosters the importance of history in guiding the future of nursing. Membership and conference information, online gift shop, and nursing history calendar. Also provides photographs of the graves of historically significant nurses with short biographies.
Beyond Bed Pans
- "The Life of a Late Nineteenth Century Young Nurse". A story by former nurse Mary Roberts Rinehart, of what awaited new nursing recruits in 1893.
Center for Nursing Historical Inquiry
- Established in 1991 at the University of Virginia for the preservation of the history of Nursing. Online photographs and a highlighted collection.
From the Decline/Dark Ages to Rebirth/Renaissance of Nursing
- Describes nursing conditions and influences during the late Middle Ages and Renaissance.
History of Nursing Slides
- Online slides, from the Concepts of Nursing Course given at Montgomery County Community College. The topic, "Duties of the Floor Nurse 1887", makes for interesting reading.
My Aunt, My Hero
- The story of Helen Fairchild, RN, a nurse in Flanders during the Battle of Passchendaele 1917. Written by Mrs Fairchild Rote, her niece.
My Beloved Poilus
- Letters from France from 1914 written by a Canadian nurse. Several pictures depicting scenes during the war are featured on the site.
Nurses Uniforms Past and Present
- Provides a growing image gallery of Nurses Uniforms from the '30s to the present. An interesting resource for historians and costume designers. Includes useful links.
Nursing History Digitization Project
- A collection of photographs and documents from nursing schools, pertaining to the history of nursing education in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Nursing: In the United States
- Article by Lillian D. Wald referencing dates and descriptions of nursing associations, services and organizations.
Zwerdling Nursing Archives
- Some very unique historic art and postcards of Nursing, medical, and healthcare.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 16:35:04 UTC -