become an editor
the entire directory
only in Stress/Support_Groups
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Stress: Support Groups
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Anxiety: Support Groups
This category in other languages:
- Manage stress by meeting people and utilizing strengths in a supportive community.
AMC Mentoring Ltd
- Provides stress management services for employees. Tips and information on beating stress.
The Art of Living Foundation
- Organization that takes part in a range of educational and humanitarian programs and offers courses which include breathing techniques, meditation, low-impact yoga and skills for dealing effectively with challenging emotions and situations.
- A forum to share some down-to-earth ideas on managing stress with laughter and a view askance.
- Mental welfare society in the UK that helps ex-service personnel suffering from psychological injuries and mental health problems.
Confident Kids Support Groups
- Christian based program for helping elementary age children deal with the stresses of divorce, abuse, addiction, violence, gangs, and other social ills.
International Stress Management Association (UK)
- The leading professional body for stress management. The ISMA website has articles from their journal Stress News, links and general advice on lifestyle and exams stress.
- Speaker, consultant, author and stress expert, encouraging people to learn to use humor to reframe a stressful situation. Includes information on the "Lighten Up Community" where membership is free.
- Stress management for patient and physician. Stress is the most common cause of ill health, probably underlying as many as 70% of all visits to family doctors. It is also the one problem that every doctor shares with every patient. Articles by David B. Posen, MD.
Open Doors Online
- Volunteer peer counseling site for physicians, intended to bring increased awareness of Malpractice Stress Syndrome and the effects it has on their lives.
- Humorous, insightful articles and a forum on stress in law enforcement.
Stress Coping: Counselling, Strategies & Management Advice
- Stress tips and links to books on stress management.
- Learn to eliminate anger, frustration, worry, guilt, and other stressful problems with Dr. Mort Orman.
The Stress Doc
- Creative, fun and thought-provoking programs and writings on stress, job burnout and managing organisational change and conflict. By Mark Gorkin, the AOL Online Psychohumorist and contributing writer for the national mental health magazines Treatment Today and Paradigm.
- Provides confidential assistance to individuals, business and occupational groups.
Stress Management and Relaxation Central
- Take control of your stress response and learn to relax, yet retain alertness and energy.
Stress Tips by Townsend International
- For a practical approach to managing stress at work and everyday living. Join the mailing list to receive a free weekly tip.
Stress, Coping and Balance
- To cope with day-to-day stress, learn the principles of time management, says Dr. Pamela Edwards, director of the adult psychiatry clinic at Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU). Reported by Marie Stone at CNN.
- Compendium of free stress tests, techniques, therapies, ways of coping, news stories, and directory of practitioners in the UK.
Talk About Stress
- Health experts and specialists provides information on time management and stress reduction.
The UK National Work-Stress Network
- An organisation that aims to educate and raise awareness of work-stress and to improve legislation on health, safety and employment rights in the UK and Europe.
- Take an online stress test. Learn to recognize the signs of stress.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2014 at 3:03:57 UTC -