become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mental_Health/Stress
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Anxiety
This category in other languages:
The American Institute of Stress
- Details ways to identify and manage stress effectively.
BBC Health: Stress
- Provides information about stress and its consequences, coping techniques and time management.
- Factsheet with information on this condition, the symptoms, different types, causes and treatment.
- Special investigation by Hazards magazine about stress in the workplace and how some people become so distressed that they opt for suicide.
- Article by Hazards editor Rory O'Neill on how coping with excessive workloads can have lethal consequences. [PDF]
eMedicine Health Stress
- Overview of stress and its causes, symptoms, and treatment.
Holistic Stress Relief for Mom
- Aims to help mothers and their families become sane again. Includes information about stress, its causes and effects, self-massage, meditation, yoga and aromatherapy and invites mothers to recount their own experiences.
How to Survive Unbearable Stress
- By Steve and Kimberley Burns. A free, illustrated web book explaining stress, depression, anxiety and drug use.
HSE: Work Related Stress
- Provides information on best practice and the responsibilities of different staff members in the workplace to reduce stress levels and comply with the law.
NHS: Stress, anxiety and depression
- Provides an overview, symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatments, complications and prevention.
- Stress education and mitigation for men and women in the military.
Psychophysiology of Stress
- An article that describes the physical effects of stress by Ernesto (Ernie) A. Randolfi, Ph.D.
- Stress fundamentals, stressful lifestyles and strategies for coping with stress.
- Briefly describes the types, causes, symptoms, management and control of stress.
The Transcendental Meditation Program
- Describes the benefits of this technique to health. Includes an introductory video and some questions and answers from experts in various fields.
Why Be Nervous?
- Explores nervousness and stress and suggests that there is a link to low blood sugar.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2014 at 3:34:00 UTC -