become an editor
the entire directory
only in Policy_and_Advocacy/Alliances_and_Support
Policy and Advocacy
Alliances and Support
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Policy and Advocacy: Alliances and Support
ADD and ADHD Support Groups
Society: Support Groups
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill - NAMI
- The mission of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill is "to eradicate mental illness and improve the quality of life of those affected by these diseases." NAMI has affiliate organizations in every state.
- A project of the Annie E. Casey Foundation, Kids Count seeks to enrich local, state, and national discussions concerning ways to secure better futures for all children.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness is a grassroots organization offering support, education, and advocacy for people with mental illness and their families. Includes a calendar, discussion groups and contact details. Located on the border of Queens and Nassau County, NY.
NAMI State Affiliates
- Links to state affiliates of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill.
- Those who experience mood swings, fear, voices, and visions can receive and offer help via the Internet. Includes list of related mailing lists and personal pages.
The Icarus Project
- Writings, art, and photography concerning various aspects of mental illness. Members may submit articles and participate in forums.
The Job Accommodation Network
- JAN is a consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities (including those with mental illness).
The National Empowerment Center
- The mission of the National Empowerment Center, Inc. is to carry a message of recovery, empowerment, hope and healing to people who have been diagnosed with mental illness.
The Parent Advocate Network
- An online resource for parents who have a child with a mental illness/disorder.
Usenet alt.support.anxiety-panic -
Usenet alt.support.depression -
Usenet alt.support.depression.manic -
Alliances and Support
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:45:12 PM EDT -