become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mental_Health/Grief,_Loss_and_Bereavement
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Articles and Research
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Anxiety: Post-traumatic Stress
Home: Family: Multiple Births: Twin Loss
Kids and Teens: Health: Emotional Health and Wellbeing: Grief
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Mental Health: Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Shopping: Death Care: Memorials
Society: Death: In Memoriam
Society: Issues: End-of-Life
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Theology: Theodicy
This category in other languages:
100 Phrases for Those Who Have Lost a Loved One
- These phrases were composed with the purpose to empower and comfort those who have encountered the death of someone they love.
Afterhours Inspirational Stories: Death and Dying
- Inspirational story and poem collection about death, dying, and grievance.
- Selections from a book of 365 essays written by a married couple for the one of them who will survive the other's death.
Bereaved Families Online
- Located in Ontario, proving local support as well as computer support. Focus is on the healing process in the form of support groups, internet bereavement support, and educational resources.
Bereavement - A Magazine of Hope and Healing
- Offers searchable magazine archives, free online support groups, free electronic sympathy cards, free electronic memorials, and a secure catalog.
Bereavement Poems and Articles
- Poems and Articles connected with grief, loss and bereavement. Includes links and an online memorial tribute.
- Provides information on caregiving, loss, grieving, and end-of-life issues for family, friends, pets, and loved ones, with an emphasis on the positive.
Catch a Falling Life
- Offers articles, books and professional services for those coping with grief and loss.
Center for Loss and Renewal
- Dedicated to understanding the process of grief, and its impact on laypeople and professionals. It includes a monthly column, "On the path from loss to renewal."
The Centre for Grief Education
- Based in Melbourne Australia and has as its mission to provide, through research, education, and consultancy, support for bereaved people. Features newsletters, services, directory, and programs.
Crisis or Challenge? - A Guide to Bereavement Stress and Modern Day Terror
- An on-line guide for teachers, parents and those who have been victims of terror attacks, traumatic crisis, and long-term stress. A special section on the tradition Jewish attitude to mourning is included.
Crisis, Grief, and Healing
- A place for people to find help in healing from loss. The honor page (the first internet memorial site) has over 500 memorials, and continues to put up memorials free of charge.
CRUSE Bereavement Care
- National charity set up to offer free, confidential help to bereaved people. Cruse produces booklets on coping with grief which you can buy on-line.
Death and Dying from About.com
- Links for the grieving widow, widower, child, teen and adult. Dedicated to the bereaved, the dying and those who care for them. Includes all issues about dying, pet loss, and memorials.
- Provides information about loss due to estrangement. Includes a journal, lists of books, movies, articles, other references, poetry, and people who have experienced estrangement.
- Attempts to assist those seeking relief to grief by providing a free one way e-mail address in the name of their deceased loved ones.
Grief and Loss
- Offering articles, discussions, resources and tools for coping with grief and the loss of a loved one.
Grief and Renewal
- International site to support people in their journeys of recovery and rebuilding following a loss. Resources, links, bulletin board, and people's stories of renewal.
- Bereavement support including articles, poetry, links and a section on pet loss.
- Official home of Darcie, Tony and Alicia Sims, who are internationally recognized public speakers on the topics of grief and grief support.
The Grief Recovery Institute
- Offering information, handbooks, resources, and news to help individuals deal with grief.
- A system for funeral homes, health care facilities, mental health workers and social workers to support those suffering from grief and loss.
- A collection of resources for dealing with bereavement and loss, including original essays, a discussion bulletin board and chat area. Primarily focused on widows and widowers.
- Author and grief expert David Kessler's site. Includes questions and answers, articles, tips for coping, and information about books he's written alone and with Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- Information resource on death related grief for the community and professionals. Includes coping with grief, helping the bereaved, resources, education, and specific topics.
- Articles, memorials, poetry,and provides a safe haven for bereaved persons to share their grief through discussion forums.
- Support services include resource referral, support groups, a library, and memorial web pages. Links to Suicide Prevention and Survivors' Resources. Rivendell Resources, a charitable corporation.
Griefsong: Healing the Loss
- A place where to find creative and nurturing ways to honor grief following the death of a loved one. Includes songs of hope and inspiration, songs for memorials and funeral services, songs for rituals and spiritual renewal as well as meditation resources.
Grieving and Loss Support and Resources
- Learn about the stages of grief, bereavement after the loss of a loved one, or coping with the loss of a love relationship or pet.
Grieving the Loss of a Parent
- Alexandra Kennedy.com, seven tasks and ten steps of recovery, supporting a friend, books, tapes, workshops, and articles.
Healing Through Grieving
- Offers a sixteen-month program including workbooks and journal.
Hope for Bereaved
- Independent, not-for-profit community organization dedicated to providing hope, support and services for the bereaved. Counseling, support services, and books for the grieving.
Journey of Hearts
- A healing place in cyberspace created by a physician who combines medicine, psychiatry, poetry, prose and images to provide resources and support.
The Koby Mandell Foundation
- A foundation to help others cope with the loss of a loved one, this site offers therapeutic programs and events for bereaved families and young people, stories, and a newsletter.
- Directory of press releases, articles, and factsheets.
Open Heart Seminars
- John E. Welshons' workshops, books, and tapes to help heal the grief of the loss of a loved one.
Open to Hope Foundation
- An online resource center for those looking for hope after loss. Resources include; blogs, pod casts, YouTube spots, and current articles by experts in the field of grief, loss, hope and healing.
- Hope, inspiration,and encouragement in the form of essays, photos and poems for anyone going through grief recovery.
The Sibling Connection
- Offers support and resources for adults who lost a sibling during childhood or adolescence, including books, articles, general information, and bibliographies.
Touching Souls; Healing with Bereavement Photography
- Todd Hochberg - photographer, national lecturer and published author’s work acknowledges and supports bereaved parents experiencing their baby’s death while educating medical/grief professionals and the public about perinatal loss.
Usenet alt.support.depression -
Usenet alt.support.grief -
Usenet alt.support.grief.pet-loss -
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2015 at 13:36:46 UTC -