become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mental_Health/Grief,_Loss_and_Bereavement
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Articles and Research
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Anxiety: Post-traumatic Stress
Home: Family: Multiple Births: Twin Loss
Kids and Teens: Health: Emotional Health and Wellbeing: Grief
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Mental Health: Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Shopping: Death Care: Memorials
Society: Death: In Memoriam
Society: Issues: End-of-Life
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Theology: Theodicy
This category in other languages:
Afterhours Inspirational Stories: Death and Dying
- Inspirational story and poem collection about death, dying, and grievance.
Bereavement Poems and Articles
- Poems and Articles connected with grief, loss and bereavement. Includes links and an online memorial tribute.
Bereavement Publications Inc.: Living With Loss
- Offers searchable magazine archives, free online support groups, electronic sympathy cards, electronic memorials, and a secure catalog.
Catch a Falling Life
- Offers articles, books and professional services for those coping with grief and loss.
Center for Loss and Renewal
- Dedicated to understanding the process of grief, and its impact on laypeople and professionals. It includes a monthly column, "On the path from loss to renewal."
The Centre for Grief Education
- Based in Melbourne Australia and has as its mission to provide, through research, education, and consultancy, support for bereaved people. Features newsletters, services, directory, and programs.
- Quotes by famous fictional and non-fictional people about death and loss. Links.
Crisis or Challenge? - A Guide to Bereavement Stress and Modern Day Terror
- An on-line guide for teachers, parents and those who have been victims of terror attacks, traumatic crisis, and long-term stress. A special section on the tradition Jewish attitude to mourning is included.
Crisis, Grief, and Healing
- A place for people to find help in healing from loss. The honor page (the first internet memorial site) has over 500 memorials, and continues to put up memorials free of charge.
CRUSE Bereavement Care
- National charity set up to offer free, confidential help to bereaved people. Cruse produces booklets on coping with grief which you can buy on-line.
- Provides information about loss due to estrangement. Includes a journal, lists of books, movies, articles, other references, poetry, and people who have experienced estrangement.
Friends Along the Road, Inc.
- Relief for those in deep grief, so that they may have time away from pressing obligations in order to rest, seek consolation or healing, and possibly reevaluate their lives. Bulletin board and fund raising activities.
Grief and Renewal
- International site to support people in their journeys of recovery and rebuilding following a loss. Resources, links, bulletin board, and people's stories of renewal.
- Bereavement support including articles, poetry, links and a section on pet loss.
- Official home of Darcie, Tony and Alicia Sims, who are internationally recognized public speakers on the topics of grief and grief support.
The Grief Recovery Institute
- Offering information, handbooks, resources, and news to help individuals deal with grief.
Grief, Loss and Recovery
- Articles, memorials, poetry,and provides a safe haven for bereaved persons to share their grief through discussion forums.
- Author and grief expert David Kessler's site. Includes questions and answers, articles, tips for coping, and information about books he's written alone and with Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- Information resource on death related grief for the community and professionals. Includes coping with grief, helping the bereaved, resources, education, and specific topics.
- Support services include resource referral, support groups, a library, and memorial web pages. Links to Suicide Prevention and Survivors' Resources. Rivendell Resources, a charitable corporation.
Griefsong: Healing the Loss
- A place where to find creative and nurturing ways to honor grief following the death of a loved one. Includes songs of hope and inspiration, songs for memorials and funeral services, songs for rituals and spiritual renewal as well as meditation resources.
Healing Through Grieving
- Offers a sixteen-month program including workbooks and journal.
Hope for Bereaved
- Independent, not-for-profit community organization dedicated to providing hope, support and services for the bereaved. Counseling, support services, and books for the grieving.
Journey of Hearts
- A healing place in cyberspace created by a physician who combines medicine, psychiatry, poetry, prose and images to provide resources and support.
The Koby Mandell Foundation
- A foundation to help others cope with the loss of a loved one, this site offers therapeutic programs and events for bereaved families and young people, stories, and a newsletter.
- Directory of press releases, articles, and factsheets.
One Hundred Phrases for Those Who Have Lost a Loved One
- These phrases were composed with the purpose to empower and comfort those who have encountered the death of someone they love.
Open Heart Seminars
- John E. Welshons' workshops, books, and tapes to help heal the grief of the loss of a loved one.
Open to Hope Foundation
- An online resource center for those looking for hope after loss. Resources include; blogs, pod casts, YouTube spots, and current articles by experts in the field of grief, loss, hope and healing.
- Hope, inspiration,and encouragement in the form of essays, photos and poems for anyone going through grief recovery.
The Sibling Connection
- Offers support and resources for adults who lost a sibling during childhood or adolescence, including books, articles, general information, and bibliographies.
Something to Share
- Articles, verses, and quotations dealing with loss, spirituality, and perspective.
Touching Souls; Healing with Bereavement Photography
- Todd Hochberg - photographer, national lecturer and published author’s work acknowledges and supports bereaved parents experiencing their baby’s death while educating medical/grief professionals and the public about perinatal loss.
WAY Widowed & Young
- UK charity for men and women aged 50 or under when their partner died. A self-help group run by volunteers who have been bereaved at a young age themselves.
Usenet alt.support.depression -
Usenet alt.support.grief -
Usenet alt.support.grief.pet-loss -
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 22, 2016 at 2:14:27 UTC -