become an editor
the entire directory
only in Grief,_Loss_and_Bereavement/Support_Groups
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Aviation Accident Support
Health: Mental Health: Counseling Services: Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Suicide: Support Groups
Health: Support Groups: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer
Health: Support Groups: Mental Health
Society: People: Widows and Widowers
- A support forum with special sections for like-minded people who are grieving, to share thoughts and give word of comfort, plus practical advice about bereavement.
- Inspiration and renewal for those grieving a loss. Spiritual support through prayer and a monthly bereavement support group.
Center for Grief, Loss and Transition
- A non-profit organization offering help and hope for those who have experienced a significant loss in their lives, located in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA.
- Blog featuring articles.
Grief Healing Discussion Groups
- Message board with sections covering child loss, anticipated death and the death of a spouse or sibling. Also offers advice on healing and living without a loved one.
- Local resources, information, and education about grief and loss in life, as well as numerous links. Located in Montgomery County, Maryland, and serving the Washington, DC, metro area.
The GriefCare Place
- Located in Stow, Ohio. Offers individual counseling and care groups. Lists their programs and services and events calendar.
GriefShare: Grief Recovery Support Groups
- Features resources to assist and encourage people grieving the death of a friend or family member, and includes database of more than 1200 listings of support groups.
Helping All Loved Ones Survive, Inc
- HALOS is a nonprofit organization that provides information, emotional support, and referrals to surviving friends and family members of homicide victims.
Mailbox to Heaven
- Send a letter to a departed loved one. Multilingual.
Mixed Emotions Grief Support
- A mailing list support group for adult children dealing with the death (or impending death) of a parent from whom they are emotionally estranged, due to emotional or verbal abuse, alcoholism, or other addictions or dysfunctions.
- Support for the motherloss. Includes a forum board, grief support articles, suggested reading, online newsletter, memorials, and poetry.
Mourning Glory Ministeries
- Located in El Paso, Texas, USA. Christian group offering solace to the bereaved. Includes articles about the stages of grief and taking care of yourself through the grieving process. Lists their activities.
National Donor Family Council
- National organization for families whose loved ones have donated organs or tissues upon death. Includes grief resources, message board, pen pals, newsletter. Free membership.
- Singles group providing programs for adults who are distressed over being separated, widowed, divorced or never married. Meetings held in Abington, Massachusetts, USA. Describes the different types of meetings offered and their history.
New Hope Center for Grief Support
- A Christian-based bereavement outreach center providing group and individual support and/or direction to other resources that will help grieving individuals. Based in SE Michigan, with ongoing groups for widows and widowers.
Society of Military Widows
- For people who's partners died during active duty. Requires paid for subscription. Memorials, convention news and an administrative checklist.
Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)
- A national non-profit organization made up of, and providing services to, all those who have lost a loved one on active duty with the Armed Forces. Offers a survivor peer support network. Grief counseling referral and case worker assistance and crisis information.
Trauma Intervention Programs of San Diego County
- Organization of trained volunteers who provide immediate emotional and practical support to victims and their families.
Yahoo Groups: Drowning Support Network
- Peer support group for people who have lost loved ones in incidents involving drowning or other aquatic accidents, especially when no physical remains have been recovered, or the recovery process has been lengthy and difficult.
Usenet alt.support.grief -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 26, 2016 at 11:42:52 UTC -