become an editor
the entire directory
only in Grief,_Loss_and_Bereavement/Children's_Grief
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Grief, Loss and Bereavement: Children's Grief
Health: Mental Health: Child and Adolescent
Kids and Teens: Health: Emotional Health and Wellbeing: Grief
The Alcove Center for Grieving Children
- Nonprofit organization providing activity-based support groups for children and their families in Southern New Jersey. Includes programs, events, and online donations.
Amanda the Panda
- Provides support to grieving children and their families. Includes a list of services, support groups, camp information and forms, volunteer opportunities and a support library. [Iowa]
The Amelia Center
- Provides supportive service for grieving children, parents, and their families.
Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center
- Serves children who have lost a sibling; lost a parent through death, divorce, or abandonment; or imminent death of a family member; affiliated with the Institute for Psychoanalysis in Chicago, Illinois, US.
- Abilene, Texas area camp for children, first grade through 12th grade, who are dealing with loss due to a death, divorce, or other painful transition. Includes photographs, schedule, and applications.
- A project for grieving children and their families located in Hampton, Georgia. Includes history and programs.
The Center for Grieving Children, Teens, and Families
- Provides grief support groups for children, teens and families from the Philadelphia region. Also provides grief support resources and training for professionals supporting bereaved families.
Children's Grief & Loss Issues
- Detailed information discussing complicated grief stemming from traumatic death, AIDS, abuse, or violence. Workshops designed to melt the wall between a child and his or her grief for parents, educators, and therapists by Linda Goldman, teacher, counselor, author, certified grief therapist and educator.
- Community based Connecticut non-profit grief support program for grieving children and families dealing with the death of an immediate family member. Includes resources, locations, and programs.
The Dougy Center
- Located in Portland, Oregon. Provides peer support groups for grieving children. Through the National Center for Grieving Children and Families also provides support and training locally, nationally and internationally to individuals and organizations seeking to assist children in grief. Includes programs, guide books, history, and contact information.
Foundation for Grieving Children
- Raises funds and provides grants to organizations which assist children and families after a loved one's death.
The Grief Center of Southwest Louisiana
- The center was created as a safe place for children who are grieving a major loss in their life due to death.
I Miss My Dad
- Grieving children post e-mail messages to their deceased parents for all to read.
Kids Cope with Grief
- Offers a "Memory Kit" as a resource for children to help them through the grieving process.
- To kids, for kids, and by kids, for grief support and peer support. Monitored by adults, this site is an approved safe site.
The Megan Bear Foundation
- For grieving children; helping fatherless or motherless children and their families through summer camp programs, social interaction.
Memories For Surviving Kids
- Encourages the friends and family of the deceased to share their memories with surviving children.
- Non-profit organization in the Delaware Valley dedicated to children who have lost their mothers. Serving southeastern PA, southern NJ or northern DE.
The Mourning Star Center
- Provides loving support in a safe place to grieving children, ages 3-19, and their adult caregivers. All services are provided free of charge. California.
The National Centre For Childhood Grief
- Australian organisation providing support and counselling for bereaved children and their families; as well as education, training and publications for professionals working in this specialist area of grief counselling.
- Cornish activity programme providing information and support for children and families after the death of someone close to them. Explanation of the reaction and needs of children after a loss.
Rainbows Peer Support Group
- Support group curriculum for children who have suffered significant loss in their lives, either through death, divorce, or other painful transitions. Features mission, history, newsletter, curricula, and contact information for local groups.
- Designed by young people for young people. RD4U means The Road for You. Offers the chance to share experiences, thoughts and feelings.
Shining Light Grief Support
- Dedicated to reaching parents and teens who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Charity that offers support to young people who have experienced bereavement
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:24:05 AM EDT -