become an editor
the entire directory
only in Grief,_Loss_and_Bereavement/Children's_Grief
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Health: Mental Health: Child and Adolescent
Kids and Teens: Health: Emotional Health and Wellbeing: Grief
The Alcove Center for Grieving Children
- Nonprofit organization providing activity-based support groups for children and their families in Southern New Jersey. Includes programs, events, and online donations.
Amanda the Panda
- Provides support to grieving children and their families. Includes a list of services, support groups, camp information and forms, volunteer opportunities and a support library. [Iowa]
The Amelia Center
- Provides supportive service for grieving children, parents, and their families.
Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center
- Serves children who have lost a sibling; lost a parent through death, divorce, or abandonment; or imminent death of a family member; affiliated with the Institute for Psychoanalysis in Chicago, Illinois, US.
Camp Agape Texas
- Bereavement camp located in the heart of the stae that has been helping children in dealing with grief from the loss of a loved one. Features dates, map, newsletters, voluntter information, and donations.
- Abilene, Texas area camp for children, first grade through 12th grade, who are dealing with loss due to a death, divorce, or other painful transition. Includes photographs, schedule, and applications.
- A project for grieving children and their families located in Hampton, Georgia. Includes history and programs.
- A non-profit community-based organization in Orem, Utah, dedicated to providing a safe and caring environment for children and adolescents who are grieving the death of a family member.
The Center for Grieving Children, Teens, and Families
- Provides grief support groups for children, teens and families from the Philadelphia region. Also provides grief support resources and training for professionals supporting bereaved families.
The Child Bereavement Trust
- Charity with on-line information for young people who've lost someone close.
Children's Grief & Loss Issues
- Detailed information discussing complicated grief stemming from traumatic death, AIDS, abuse, or violence. Workshops designed to melt the wall between a child and his or her grief for parents, educators, and therapists by Linda Goldman, teacher, counselor, author, certified grief therapist and educator.
- Community based Connecticut non-profit grief support program for grieving children and families dealing with the death of an immediate family member. Includes resources, locations, and programs.
The Dougy Center
- Located in Portland, Oregon. Provides peer support groups for grieving children. Through the National Center for Grieving Children and Families also provides support and training locally, nationally and internationally to individuals and organizations seeking to assist children in grief. Includes programs, guide books, history, and contact information.
Foundation for Grieving Children
- Raises funds and provides grants to organizations which assist children and families after a loved one's death.
- The center in Lafayette, Louisiana was created as a safe place for children who are grieving a major loss in their life due to death.
I Miss My Dad
- Grieving children post e-mail messages to their deceased parents for all to read.
Kids Cope with Grief
- Offers a "Memory Kit" as a resource for children to help them through the grieving process.
- To kids, for kids, and by kids, for grief support and peer support. Monitored by adults, this site is an approved safe site.
Memories For Surviving Kids
- Encourages the friends and family of the deceased to share their memories with surviving children.
- Non-profit organization in the Delaware Valley dedicated to children who have lost their mothers. Serving southeastern PA, southern NJ or northern DE.
The National Centre For Childhood Grief
- Australian organisation providing support and counselling for bereaved children and their families; as well as education, training and publications for professionals working in this specialist area of grief counselling.
- Cornish activity programme providing information and support for children and families after the death of someone close to them. Explanation of the reaction and needs of children after a loss.
Rainbows Peer Support Group
- Support group curriculum for children who have suffered significant loss in their lives, either through death, divorce, or other painful transitions. Features mission, history, newsletter, curricula, and contact information for local groups.
The Sharing Place
- Provides support groups and community outreach to grieving children, teens and their families in the Salt Lake City area.
Shining Light Grief Support
- Dedicated to reaching parents and teens who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Center for grieving children and their families in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. Provide support programs for children and adults, including peer support groups, individual and family counseling, and outreach services.
- Charity that offers support to young people who have experienced bereavement
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 18, 2014 at 8:24:11 UTC -