become an editor
the entire directory
only in Suicide/Support_Groups
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Mood: Depression
Health: Support Groups: Mental Health
This category in other languages:
Alliance of Hope for Suicide Survivors
- A healing resource for those grieving the loss of a loved one by suicide.
American Association of Suicidology
- AAS run suicide support centers across the whole of the USA. Lists emergency numbers for their centers.
Apocalypse Suicide Page
- To provide support for those planning suicide, or those trying to help a suicidal person to live. Information on what to do and how to cope. Includes depression support forum.
Byron Peter Foundation For Hope, Inc.
- Non-profit foundation formed to provide opportunities of hope for at-risk youth.
Community for Hope Suicide Prevention and Support
- Nonprofit organization supporting suicide prevention, intervention, and response. Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States.
- International Federation of Telephonic Emergency Services. Helplines in many European countries.
Jacob Crouch Foundation
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death in college-aged students. Provides suicide prevention information in memory of departed friend, Jacob Crouch.
The Kelty Patrick Dennehy Foundation
- Education and program support to help reduce depression-related teenage suicide.
Lee Eric Drake Foundation, Inc.
- Mission is to serve Christ by giving of abilities and resources, and lending aid directly and or indirectly to those who possess or are susceptible to psychological illness.
- Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia. Provides counseling services to anyone experiencing an emotional or personal problem or crisis. Telephone sessions available.
- Suicide prevention information and prevention training classes. Offices in Canada, the United States and in Australia.
Maithri Link With Life
- Maithri is an organisation working for suicide prevention. Awareness information and support contacts in India.
Maytree: A Sanctuary for the Suicidal
- For those in a suicidal crisis, Maytree offers short-term accommodation with befriending in a confidential, supportive and non-medical environment.
- Non-profit regional provider for national and Virginia crisis hotlines, providing suicide prevention, crisis de-escalation, and resource referral 24 hours a day, as well as web resources and community outreach/training.
- Available 24 hours a day to provide confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress, despair or suicidal thoughts. A registered charity based in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
The Samaritans Hong Kong
- Multilingual voluntary support service in Hong Kong.
The Samaritans of Bristol County
- Non-religious charity that provides support and suicide hotline. Westport, Massachusetts.
The Samaritans of New York
- Provides emotional support through confidential 24-hour suicide prevention hotline; free support groups for suicide survivors; and public education and awareness training programs.
Samaritans of Singapore
- Suicide prevention and support group in Singapore.
San Francisco Suicide Prevention
- Contains details on crisis lines, volunteer program and prevention strategies.
- Suicide help listening service for English speakers in France.
Stamp Out Suicide!
- Provides contact for those feeling down, depressed and / or suicidal and for those bereaved by suicide across Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Suicide Discussion Board
- Discussion site for those whose lives have been affected by suicide. Emphases on the impact of suicide on friends, family and society, prevention, and solutions.
- An independent organization based in Galway City, Ireland, set up to highlight the increase in suicide victims in the Galway area and to support organizations dedicated to the prevention of suicide.
Suicide Memorial Wall
- A memorial to those who died by suicide, sponsored by the Friends and Families of Suicides email support group. Visitors may submit names to be placed on the wall.
- A free international peer to peer support forum for people in crisis.
- A crisis intervention center for the suicidal and depressed in New Delhi, India. Contact information.
Survivors of Loved Ones' Suicides
- SOLOS is a peer-led support group for survivors in San Antonio, Texas.
Survivors Road to Healing
- Focused on suicide survivors support groups and helping survivors heal. Also includes resources and information for disorders connected to suicide.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 6, 2015 at 5:24:04 UTC -