the entire directory
only in Disorders/Suicide
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Suicide
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Mood: Depression
Kids and Teens: Teen Life: Suicide
Society: Death: Suicide
Society: Issues: End-of-Life
This category in other languages:
Suicide: Read This First
- Short page dealing with suicide, geared towards people considering killing themselves.
American Association of Suicidology
- To understand and prevent suicide as a means of promoting human well-being.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- AFSP funds research, education and treatment programs aimed at the prevention of suicide.
- A suicide referral website. Gateway to hundreds of suicide helplines and emotional first aid centers worldwide and on the Internet.
- Non-profit regional provider for national and Virginia crisis hotlines, providing suicide prevention, crisis de-escalation, and resource referral 24 hours a day, as well as web resources and community outreach/training.
- Suicide prevention through shared life experiences.
Griefwork Center, Inc.
- Crisis intervention, sudden loss, suicide awareness, grief and bereavement education, and training programs for professionals.
I Wish I Were Dead
- Article about suicide intervention geared towards the mental health professional.
InfoSource: Gay/Bisexual Male Suicide Problems
- Information related to gay and bisexual male suicide problems.
Iris Alliance Fund
- Donations sought to educate individuals on suicide prevention, teen suicide, and depression to improve mental health and self esteem.
Living With Suicide
- Shared Experiences and Voices of Loss, PBS.
National Council for Suicide Prevention
- Description of the Council.
National Strategy for Suicide Prevention
- Online versions of the National Strategy that proposes public health methods to address suicide. Summary and full report are available, and related suicide and mental health resources.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Helps individuals in suicidal crisis to contact the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service provider through a toll-free phone number. Also information for crisis centers, public education campaign, events, and news.
PAPYRUS: Prevention of Young Suicide
- UK resources and support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress.
- Includes numerous articles covering all aspects of prevention.
SAVE - Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Aims to prevent suicide through public awareness and education, and features information, news, and resources.
SFSP: Suicide Facts and Possible Warning Signs
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention Website.
Suicidal Behaviors: Genetic Association Studies Database
- Database of academic papers on genetic and environmental factors in risk of suicide.
Suicidal.com - Depression and Suicide Prevention
- Offering direction for immediate crisis intervention and emotional support for those who are gravely suicidal.
Suicide Information and Education Center (SIEC)
- This site has over 24,000 articles on suicidal behaviour, and can provide you with research materials or training.
- Resources for mental health professionals, patients and families about early detection of depression and suicide prevention.
- Offers details about suicidal signs, who is at risk, prevention and what steps to take after. Compiled by a team of mental health professionals selected by Hospital de Sant Pau and the Barcelona Psychotherapy Centre, Mental Health Services (CPB-SSM).
Suicide Prevention - Health Insite
- A collection of resources in suicide prevention in Australia and New Zealand
Suicide Prevention Courses
- Suicide Prevention courses and training for professionals, institutions, and the public
Suicide Prevention Help
- Offers a personal approach for those who are despairing and thinking about suicide, and a directory of helpful suicide prevention resources from around the world.
Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
- Information on government suicide prevention efforts, news, events and links to important prevention publications.
Suicide Survivor FAQs
- Answers to questions by and about suicide survivors (those who have lost someone close to suicide).
Suicide and Suicide Prevention
- Large collection of articles themed on suicide.
- A moderated research information network facilitates the rapid dissemination of research information and news relevant to the study of the Suicidal phenomena.
Surviving the Teens, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Provides information, resources and support to help guide teens and families through the ups and downs they might face.
The Jason Foundation, Inc.
- Provides information about youth suicide and offers free educational material for teachers and youth workers.
The Jed Foundation
- A nonprofit organization committed to reducing the youth suicide rate and improving the mental health support provided to students by universities nation-wide.
The Lost Soul Companion
- Comfort and constructive advice for struggling actors, musicians, artists, writers, and other free spirits. Includes discussion of suicide, depression, creativity, poverty, and hope.
The Suicide Paradigm
- Includes ethical issues discussion, a glossary of suicide terminology, and a letter to suicidal young people.
Thinking About Suicide
- A suicide resource including self assessment software, suggestions, news about suicide online, resources, list of organizations, and support news groups, visual art depicting suicide, suicide computations, survey of visitors
Training Institute for Suicide Assessment
- Provides the interviewing tip of the month, training on suicide prevention and clinical interviewing for mental health professionals and physicians, and a complete article on suicide assessment techniques (CASE Approach).
University of Oxford Centre for Suicide Research
- Research focuses on investigation of the causes, treatment and prevention of suicidal behaviour. Includes links to sources of statistics and other relevant sites
Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Program
- Details about a suicide prevention program aiming to significantly reduce the high rate of suicide in Australia through educating strategic community members.
Why? The Neuroscience of Suicide
- Scientific American article dealing with brain chemistry as the reason for suicide.
Young people, gender and suicide prevention
- Based upon the high suicide rates for young men, this research investigates what variables make young men and women more likely to seek help when experiencing extreme distress.
eMedicine Health - Suicidal Thoughts
- Information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of suicidal thought and ideation.
Developing community networks for suicide prevention
- This article describes the steps to be taken and the factors involved in developing a prevention network. (January 01, 2004)
Usenet alt.suicide.holiday -
Usenet alt.support.depression -
Usenet soc.support.depression.crisis -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:41:26 PM EDT -