the entire directory
only in Disorders/Suicide
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Mood: Depression
Kids and Teens: Teen Life: Suicide
Society: Death: Suicide
Society: Issues: End-of-Life
This category in other languages:
Suicide: Read This First
- Short page dealing with suicide, geared towards people considering killing themselves.
American Association of Suicidology
- To understand and prevent suicide as a means of promoting human well-being.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Created to raise awareness, offer support, fund research and call for action in regard to advancing a national response to the problem of suicide.
- A suicide referral website. Gateway to hundreds of suicide helplines and emotional first aid centers worldwide and on the Internet.
Centre for Suicide Prevention
- Offers articles on suicidal behavior, and research materials. Affiliated with Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).
eMedicine Health - Suicidal Thoughts
- Information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of suicidal thought and ideation.
- Suicide prevention through shared life experiences.
I Wish I Were Dead
- Article about suicide intervention geared towards the mental health professional.
InfoSource: Gay/Bisexual Male Suicide Problems
- Information related to gay and bisexual male suicide problems.
It's Up to Us
- A site dedicated to suicide prevention awareness and reduce the stigma associated with mental illness. Contains information about how to recognize potential suicide risks, how to help family/friends, and how to seek help for yourself. Developed through the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency.
The Jason Foundation, Inc.
- Provides information about youth suicide and offers free educational material for teachers and youth workers.
The Jed Foundation
- A nonprofit organization committed to reducing the youth suicide rate and improving the mental health support provided to students by universities within the United States.
Know the Signs - Suicide Is Preventable
- Although the warning signs of suicide can be subtle, they are there. By recognizing these signs, knowing how to start a conversation and where to turn for help, you have the power to make a difference – the power to save a life.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Helps individuals in suicidal crisis within the United States to contact the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service provider through a toll-free phone number. Also information for crisis centers, public education campaign, events, and news.
NEED2 Suicide Prevention Education and Support
- An agency site serving Greater Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, and focusing on suicide prevention and awareness, mental wellness and community training.
PAPYRUS: Prevention of Young Suicide
- UK resources and support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress.
Pediatric Oncall - Depression
- An FAQ on the warning signs and symptoms of depression and suicide in the younger generation.
QPR Institute, Inc
- Suicide prevention courses and training for professionals, institutions, and the public, on site or through a self-study program. Spokane, Washington, United States.
SAVE - Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Aims to prevent suicide through public awareness and education, and features information, news, and resources.
Suicidal Behaviors: Genetic Association Studies Database
- Database of academic papers on genetic and environmental factors in risk of suicide.
The Suicide Paradigm
- Includes ethical issues discussion, a glossary of suicide terminology, and a letter to suicidal young people.
- Offers details about suicidal signs, who is at risk, prevention and what steps to take after.
Suicide Prevention - HealthDirect
- A collection of resources in suicide prevention in Australia and New Zealand.
Suicide Prevention Help
- Offers a personal approach for those who are despairing and thinking about suicide, and a directory of helpful suicide prevention resources from around the world.
Suicide Prevention Initiatives
- An organization that develops, implements, and funds suicide prevention projects in the United States and worldwide.
Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
- Information on government suicide prevention efforts, news, events and links to important prevention publications.
Suicide Prevention Triangle
- A suicide resource including self assessment software, resources, list of organizations, and support, visual art depicting suicide.
Suicide Survivor FAQs
- Answers to questions by and about suicide survivors.
- Suicidewall is a novel by Alexander Paul, dedicated to memorializing Vietnam veterans who took their own lives.
- Includes articles covering all aspects of prevention, help lines, support and FAQs.
- Fact sheet and resources from the CDC.
Surviving the Teens, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Provides information, resources and support to help guide teens and families through the ups and downs they might face.
Training Institute for Suicide Assessment and Clinical Interviewing
- Provides the interviewing tip of the month, training on suicide prevention and clinical interviewing for mental health professionals and physicians, and a complete article on suicide assessment techniques (CASE Approach).
University of Oxford Centre for Suicide Research
- Research focuses on investigation of the causes, treatment and prevention of suicidal behavior. Includes links to sources of statistics and other relevant sites.
Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Program
- Details about a suicide prevention program aiming to significantly reduce the high rate of suicide in Australia through educating strategic community members.
Usenet alt.suicide.holiday -
Usenet alt.support.depression -
Usenet soc.support.depression.crisis -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 16, 2016 at 6:45:06 UTC -