become an editor
the entire directory
only in Schizophrenia/Articles_and_Research
Articles and Research
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Schizophrenia: Articles and Research
The Bearded Lady Disease
- In support of E.J. Kempf's theory about gender confusion and schizophrenia, the sites offers quotes from scientists and artists, compiled by J. Michael Mahoney.
Brain, Mind, Schizophrenia and Antipsychotic Drugs
- Papers on the brain-mind problem, schizophrenia, and neuroleptic (antipsychotic) drugs.
Clinical Trials Listing - Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorders
- Subsection of website describing current treatment and drug studies which offer opportunities to participate in research and qualify for experimental treatment programs.
The Dopamine Hypothesis of Schizophrenia
- One page article that addresses the theory of increased levels of dopamine in patients who have symptoms of schizophrenia. Bibliography included.
Genetics of Schizophrenia and Affective Disorder
- One page published article studying familial factors of schizophrenia and related disorders. Includes bibliography.
Harvard Brain Tissue Center
- One of few national resources for the collection and distribution of postmortem human brain tissue for research in causes of brain diseases including schizophrenia.
Hypoxia - a Neurodevelopmental Cause
- Brief collation of material which describes effect of prenatal hypoxia and also happens in schizophrenia.
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center
- An academic research center studying causes, manifestations and innovative treatments of schizophrenia. Hosts a brain bank which collects postmortem human brain tissue for research in pathophysiology of schizophrenia. Post doctoral fellowship training program is described.
Molecular Genetics of Schizophrenia
- Research study at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO seeks sisters and brothers with schizophrenia to participate in a genetic research project.
The Nurse Practitioner Role in Psychiatric Nursing
- Professional paper addressing the rationale for a psychiatric nurse practitioner role and the advantages of this new role. Includes bibliography.
Recovery After an Initial Schizophrenia Episode (RAISE)
- An NIMH research project that seeks to change the trajectory and prognosis of schizophrenia through coordinated and aggressive treatment in the earliest stages.
- Newsletter featuring schizophrenia resources for mental health professionals, patients, and families.
Schizophrenia - Are We on the Same Bus?
- What is schizophrenia and how it impacts daily life.
Schizophrenia and Substance Abuse - Bibliography
- One page listing of over 80 publications that address schizophrenia and substance abuse.
Schizophrenia Bi-Polar Newsletter
- Learn the facts and theories about schizophrenia and avoid the pitfalls.
- A magazine dedicated towards sufferers, family members, relatives, caregivers, and professionals involved with mental health.
Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders Research Program
- Information about the research program at the NIMH.
Scientific American - Decoding Schizophrenia
- A fuller understanding of signaling in the brain of people with this disorder offers new hope for improved therapy.
Structural MRI research on schizophrenia.
- Structural MRI research conducted at the Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences in Utrecht, The Netherlands, on schizophrenia.
Articles and Research
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:24:11 AM EDT -