become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disorders/Schizophrenia
Articles and Research
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Movement Disorders: Tardive Dyskinesia
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Antipsychotics
This category in other languages:
Anne Sippi Clinics
- Information on schizophrenia and therapy approaches including adult community services, pre-vocational training, volunteer employment opportunities and pharmacology. Also contains articles and news. Located in Los Angeles, Bakersfield and Santa Fe Springs, California.
The Center for Reintegration
- An online resource dedicated to assisting those with schizophrenia and related disorders in their efforts to return to a meaningful life that includes family and friends, independent living and competitive employment.
Clozapine REMS Program
- Clozapine is associated with severe neutropenia ; indicated for the treatment of severe schizophrenia in patients who fail standard therapy.
Doctor Harry Stack Sullivan
- Discusses his clinical work, and his definition of schizophrenia.
eMedicine Health - Schizophrenia
- Overview of schizophrenia and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
Gloucestershire Hearing Voices Groups
- Information for those experiencing symptoms, and for professionals working with people with psychosis.
HealthyPlace.com Schizophrenia Community
- Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder information, news, chat rooms, journals, support groups, treatment and medication, including section on atypical antipsychotics.
John Nash on PBS
- John Nash, a groundbreaking mathematical genius, was at the peak of his career when his life was shattered by schizophrenia. The companion website to the PBS documentary film.
Merck Manual - Schizophrenia and Related Disorders
- Professional level description of the disease and its related manifestations providing detailed explanations of diagnosis, prognosis and treatment.
Neuroscience for Kids - Schizophrenia
- Explains symptoms, where it occurs in the brain, possible causes, and treatment options.
Open the Doors
- Official site of the World Psychiatric Association's global program against stigma and discrimination due to schizophrenia. Provides information to the provider, the consumer, and posts personal stories of those affected by this disease.
Phoenix of Santa Barbara, Inc.
- Located Santa Barbara, CA, Phoenix House is a residential program for individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia. Site contains information on schizophrenia and related mental illnesses.
Schizophrenia Fellowship of New South Wales
- Information on schizophrenia. Articles, counseling services, and a free mailing list.
The Schizophrenia Society of Ontario
- Providing education and information on this disease.
- Provides patients, family members, and caregivers with information on a variety of important mental health topics including schizophrenia and other common mental illnesses.
Schizophrenia: A Handbook For Families
- A manual designed to assist family members in coping with this disorder. This free site lists symptoms, crisis intervention strategies, dealing with hospitalization, medication management, treatment options, and additional areas of concern.
Sleeping with the Angels
- Promotional site for the book: Sleeping with the Angels: A Spiritual Journey through Schizophrenia.
- Alternative views on schizophrenia and psychiatry.
Vocational Rehabilitation in Schizophrenia
- Findings and recommendations of a 1995 research study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health that investigates value of paid employment versus traditional placements in sheltered workshops.
WebMD Schizophrenia Health Center
- In-depth information including symptoms, treatment and support.
- Offers history, diagnosis, causes, treatment, recovery and rehabilitation.
Usenet alt.support.schizophrenia -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2016 at 3:20:03 UTC -