become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disorders/Schizophrenia
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Schizophrenia
Articles and Research
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Movement Disorders: Tardive Dyskinesia
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Antipsychotics
This category in other languages:
- Information on support groups, facts, medication and causes of schizophrenia.
Anne Sippi Clinics
- Information on schizophrenia and therapy approaches including adult community services, pre-vocational training, volunteer employment opportunities and pharmacology. Also contains articles and news. Located in Los Angeles, Bakersfield and Santa Fe Springs, California.
At Health - Schizophrenia
- This site contains information geared to the clinician as well as the consumer. Information is provided regarding treatment and a possible link to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
The Center for Reintegration
- An online resource dedicated to assisting those with schizophrenia and related disorders in their efforts to return to a meaningful life that includes family and friends, independent living and competitive employment.
eMedicine Health - Schizophrenia
- Overview of schizophrenia and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
Gloucestershire Hearing Voices Groups
- Information for those experiencing symptoms, and for professionals working with people with psychosis.
HealthyPlace.com Schizophrenia Community
- Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder information, news, chat rooms, journals, support groups, treatment and medication, including section on atypical antipsychotics.
- Information about schizophrenia, its causes, and methods of treatment.
John Nash on PBS
- John Nash, a groundbreaking mathematical genius, was at the peak of his career when his life was shattered by schizophrenia. The companion website to the PBS documentary film.
Merck Manual - Schizophrenia and Related Disorders
- Professional level description of the disease and its related manifestations providing detailed explanations of diagnosis, prognosis and treatment.
National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression
- National organization that raises and distributes funds to find the causes, cures, better treatments, and prevention of severe brain disorders. Provides instructions and contact information for submitting grant proposals.
Neuroscience for Kids - Schizophrenia
- Explains symptoms, where it occurs in the brain, possible causes, and treatment options.
Open the Doors
- Official site of the World Psychiatric Association's global program against stigma and discrimination due to schizophrenia. Provides information to the provider, the consumer, and posts personal stories of those affected by this disease.
Phoenix of Santa Barbara, Inc.
- Located Santa Barbara, CA, Phoenix House is a residential program for individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia. Site contains information on schizophrenia and related mental illnesses.
Schizophrenia Fellowship of New South Wales
- Information on schizophrenia. Articles, counseling services, and a free mailing list.
- This quarterly magazine offers articles for those with schizophrenia.
The Schizophrenia Society of Ontario
- Providing education and information on this disease.
- Provides patients, family members, and caregivers with information on a variety of important mental health topics including schizophrenia and other common mental illnesses.
Schizophrenia: A Handbook For Families
- A manual designed to assist family members in coping with this disorder. This free site lists symptoms, crisis intervention strategies, dealing with hospitalization, medication management, treatment options, and additional areas of concern.
Sleeping with the Angels
- Promotional site for the book: Sleeping with the Angels: A Spiritual Journey through Schizophrenia.
- Alternative views on schizophrenia and psychiatry.
- This site provides a simple clear understanding of schizophrenia, its progression, prognosis and the treatment options available.
Vocational Rehabilitation in Schizophrenia
- Findings and recommendations of a 1995 research study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health that investigates value of paid employment versus traditional placements in sheltered workshops.
WebMD Schizophrenia Health Center
- In-depth information including symptoms, treatment and support.
- Offers history, diagnosis, causes, treatment, recovery and rehabilitation.
The ZGP National Clozapine Registry
- Clozapine is indicated for the treatment of severe schizophrenia in patients who fail standard therapy. This program is the national generic clozapine registry for monitoring patients who are receiving ZGP clozapine.
Usenet alt.support.schizophrenia -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 7, 2014 at 3:33:24 UTC -