become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disorders/Resources
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Resources
APA Help Center
- Information on many topics including family and relationships. Quality articles and a resource for finding psychologists. Resources for dealing with everyday problems. From the American Psychological Association.
- Covers mental health diseases and conditions. Newsletter, practitioner directory, treatment center directory, featured articles, and a bookstore.
Australian Mental Health
- Aiming to help, assist, support and educate the wider community on mental health illnesses. General mental health information and links for Australian resources.
Bellaonline Mental Health Archive
- Mental Health archive of articles and information at BellaOnline.
BPhoenix: Information on Bipolar and Other Mental Health Disorders
- Information about several disorders including bipolar, anxiety and ADD.
- The brain, the mind and mental health disorders from an alternative (non Neo-Darwinistic) view.
- Developed in cooperation with college and university counseling centers throughout the United States and Canada to improve student awareness of resources for depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and loneliness.
Centre for Clinical Interventions
- Based in Western Australia and conducting clinically applied psychosocial research. Features online self-help modules for adults suffering from anxiety, mood and eating disorders.
Choices In Recovery
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc provides information on schizophrenia, schizoaffective and bipolar disorder.
Common Mental Problems
- Neeraj Dhote provides an insight into common mental ailments and conditions like obsessive compulsive disorder, hypomania, depression, insomnia, and grief.
Counseling and Therapy News
- News and commentary for counseling, psychotherapy, social work, mental health, psychology, and therapy.
- Provides educational materials on mental health and psychotherapy, including diagnostic criteria, descriptions of different therapeutic approaches, an bibliography, discussion and support groups, and book reviews.
Dialogues in Clinical NeuroSciences
- Interface between clinical neuropsychiatry and the neurosciences - information and insights into clinical, biological, and therapeutic aspects.
- Dr. Scott Zentner, board-certified psychiatrist, shares his insights about controversial psychiatric disorders such as ADHD, Bipolar Disorder, and Malingering.
- For co-occurring mental illness and substance disorders: diagnostic criteria, treatment modalities, articles and chapters to read or download, up coming events, materials and services for program development and training.
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders
- Comprehensive medical articles on mental disorders and conditions. Each entry details the definition, purpose, precautions, description, and external resources that can be used to obtain additional information about every condition.
Fenichel's Online Mental Health Resources
- Online articles, resources and research tools regarding mental health disorders (including rare ones) assembled and reviewed by a clinical psychologist.
Find the Light Online Support Group-Mental Health
- Information and online support for people suffering from Anxiety Disorders, Substance Abuse, and Mood Disorders (Bipolar, Depression). I
- Provides accounts, opinion, poetry and artwork by people who have mental health conditions.
HealthyPlace.com Mental Health
- Information, call-in radio show, personal stories, chats, forum, resources and recommended reading regarding all mental health disorders.
- A mental health column written for anyone wanting greater awareness about issues concerning mental health and mental illness.
InteliHealth - Mental Health
- Diagnosis and treatment information, medical commentaries, and news on a wide range of mental health issues.
Internet Mental Health
- The 52 most common mental disorders, medications, news, recovery stories, links.
Internet Mental Health Disorders
- Mental health disorders - diagnosis, symptoms, treatment, articles, research and links. Organized alphabetically. Both the American (DSM) and the European (ICD) descriptions are provided.
- An international community dedicated to sharing information about hearing voices. Includes an online forum, stories, groups, news, and publications.
- A general mental health guide with a psychiatrist answering questions, and republished psychiatric information and links.
Lichtenstein Creative Media
- Home to the mental-health oriented "The Infinite Mind" and "Voices of an Illness" public radio programs.
The Limbic Region
- Group for chats, support, links, and news related to mental health.
The Madness Group
- Creates a decentralized electronic forum and distribution device. People who experience mood swings, fear, voices and visions can exchange strategies for changing existing public mental health systems, and provide each other mutual support.
Mental Health Glossary
- Terms in the fields of psychiatry and neurology defined.
Mental Health Today
- Mental health information, communities, books, support, suicide hotline and resources and questions boards for both consumers and clinicians.
Merck: Mental Health Disorders
- Information about mental health disorders from the Merck Manual, Home Edition.
Northern County Psychiatric Associates
- Resources, articles and information on mental health issues. Includes women's mental health, depression and stress, ADHD and other mental health disorders.
Peace and Healing
- Explores some traditional views of illness and treatment, along with alternative and less mainstream views. Offers insight into a variety of psychiatric illnesses with symptoms, causes, and treatments.
- Offers information about disorders, treatments, self-help techniques, therapist directory, interactive quizzes, a bulletin board, and a chance to receive free answers from a therapist to your questions.
PlanetPsych Mental Health Disorders
- Material and links to relevant sites organized by groups of disorders. Self-help section, ask a therapist, depression test, compatibility quiz, bulletin board, newsletter, bookstore and a therapists' directory.
- Over 200 articles and book reviews on topics such as depression, anxiety, stress, trauma, aging, emotions, marriage and relationships, divorce, and stepfamilies.
Psychiatric Case Histories
- Psychiatric case histories - anamnesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
- A psychiatry resource for physicians including information based on DSM IV, schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, and others plus latest news and webzine.
- Provides basic, concise information on depression, eating disorders, suicide, and parenting.
- Adult and children behaviour and learning problems - additional information available by e-mail upon request.
- Concise descriptions of all mental health disorders, questions answered by a psychologist, and details of consultation and referral services.
Psychology Information Online
- Information about psychology, psychopathology, and treatment.
- Articles on psychological problems and education for depression, counseling, therapy, anxiety, child abuse, domestic violence, self help groups
- Answers to questions about mental health. Therapies, conditions, and the difference between psychiatry and psychology.
Soul's Self Help Central
- Information, links, journal entries and resources regarding a range of mental health disorders - borderline personality disorder, DID, eating disorders and others.
State Of Mind
- Information about mental and emotional illnesses, social anxiety disorder, manic depression, and support groups.
- Offers an open counseling forum, newsletter, mental health videos, and links to mental health resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 7, 2014 at 3:37:42 UTC -