become an editor
the entire directory
only in Autism_Spectrum/Research
Health: Medicine: Research
The Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT)
- ASAT supports all scientifically sound research on the prevention, treatment and cure of autism, as well as all treatments for autism that are shown to be effective through solid scientific research, regardless of discipline or domain.
Autism Society of America Foundation
- The primary mission of ASAF is to raise and allocate funds to address the many unanswered questions about autism. ASAF sponsors work as diverse as the people affected by autism, spanning such fields as neurobiology, education, behavioral science, adult services, and disability law.
Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities Epidemiology
- Established to increase understanding of the factors that lead to the development of autism and other developmental disabilities.
Center for Autism and Related Disabilities at the University at Albany (CARD Albany)
- Provides evidence-based training and support to families and professionals, and through ongoing research, contributes knowledge to the field of autism spectrum disorders.
Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism
- Provides funding for services for financially disadvantaged families who need assistance in caring for their autistic children; funds research and education into the causes and consequences of childhood autism; serves as a clearinghouse and communications center for new and innovative programs and services developed for autistic children.
Dr. Margaret L. Bauman
- LADDERS clinical model information on Autism/PDD and profile.
GGSE Autism Research and Training Center
- University of California, Santa Barbara program that focuses on behavior modification therapy. Features information on publications, grants, conferences, and current research projects.
Pepcid (famotidine) for Autism
- Research on Pepcid (famotidine) for children with autism and pervasive developmental disorders.
Research Relevant to Autism
- Promotes interdisciplinary perspectives on autism spectrum disorders and brings attention to research findings in neurochemistry that may be relevant to problems of language development and auditory attention.
TRIAD: The Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Program at the Vanderbilt Child Development Center providing specialized services for children and their families. Offers information on behavior management, social skills and early intervention programs.
University of Kentucky Autism Services Research Group
- Describes the research program on autism and services at the University of Kentucky conducted by Dr. Lisa Ruble.
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Autism Research Program
- This research tests the assumptions that autism selectively involves complex cognitive abilities and results from abnormal development and function of neocortical systems. The researchers are examining evidence of strengths and deficits in complex information processing abilities in areas of reasoning, language, memory, motor, and visual spatial abilities.
Wisconsin Twin Research
- The Wisconsin Twin Research laboratories, directed by Dr. Hill Goldsmith, investigate genetic and environmental features of emotional development from infancy to adolescence, focusing on development, behaviour and autism.
Autism: Pesticides on Farms May Be a Trigger
- Researchers from the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences find children who are exposed to pesticides while developing in the womb are more likely to develop autism. (August 23, 2007)
ScienceDaily: Research May Unlock Mystery of Autism's Origin in the Brain
- Researchers find connections between brain cells may be deficient within single regions and not just between regions. (August 23, 2007)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 21, 2015 at 7:45:04 UTC -