become an editor
the entire directory
only in Autism_Spectrum/Asperger's_Syndrome
Health: Conditions and Diseases
This category in other languages:
- A support group for spouses or partners of people with Asperger Syndrome. Learn about the characteristics which affect personal relationships and family dynamics.
- Support and information for parents and educators.
- An audio and text weblog on Asperger's Syndrome maintained by a college professor/psychologist who specializes in this area.
- How this disorder affects children, adolescents and adults and treatment options. Authored by Carol E. Watkins, M.D.
Asperger's Family Forum
- Information and support regarding Asperger's Syndrome.
- Discussion forum for and about those with Asperger's Syndrome.
Asperger's Syndrome at USC - Marshall
- Brief introduction to this condition on the high functioning edge of the autistic spectrum and links to other resources.
Asperger's Syndrome Support Network
- Volunteer-run organisation organizes social and educational activities for families, children, siblings, adults with Asperger's Syndrome, carers and professionals.
- Offers advice centered on the idea that Asperger's Syndrome is a special state of mind rather than a disease. Features information, discussion boards, mailing list, and contact details.
- A resource site for Asperger's Syndrome by AS author Liane Holliday Willey.
- An on-line resource for spouses and family members of adults diagnosed or suspected to be on the autistic spectrum.
Autism Spectrum Pages
- Discusses relationships for people with Autism/Asperger's.
eMedicine Health: Asperger Syndrome
- Provides an overview of Asperger Syndrome and its causes, symptoms, and treatment.
FAAAS - Families of Adults Afflicted with Asperger's Syndrome
- A support group that is aimed at the families of those afflicted with Asperger's Syndrome. Especially those whose relative has not been correctly diagnosed until they are well into adulthood.
GAIA - Gifted Adult's Inventory of Aspergerisms
- Questionnaire to research and detect features of Asperger's Syndrome and related disorders in gifted adults.
GRASP - The Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership
- Advocacy organization serving individuals on the autism spectrum
KJP's Asperger's Syndrome Site
- A personal story of Kevin Phillips, who has this disorder.
NINDS Asperger Syndrome Information Page
- Asperger Syndrome information sheet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Includes research papers, support groups, clinicians, research projects, educational resources, message board/chatroom, and contributions from individuals and families.
- Resources, information on Dr. Attwood's presentation schedule, messages and issues related to Asperger's Syndrome, and papers he has written on related topics.
NPR : Autism Movement Seeks Acceptance, Not Cures
- Story about autism self-advocacy groups that push for acceptance of the condition, not "cures". Much of the focus is on people with Asperger's. [12:26 streaming audio broadcast] (June 26, 2006)
NPR : Camp Teaches Autistic Children How to Fit In
- A summer camp in Washington, D.C. is teaching some people with mild forms of autism the social skills that come naturally to most people. NPR's Joseph Shapiro reports. [5:29 Realaudio broadcast] (August 16, 2004)
NPR : Michael John Carley on Asperger's Syndrome
- Carley is the executive director of GRASP, The Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership. In 2000, he and his then 4-year-old son were diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. GRASP works to educate the public about the disorder. (May 05, 2004)
NPR : Dr. Fred Volkmar on Asperger's Syndrome
- Terry Gross interviews Fred Volkmar. In the early 1990s, Volkmar led the team that helped develop the definition of autism used by the American Psychiatric Assoc. [32:06 streaming audio broadcast] (May 01, 2004)
NPR : Children's Book Writer and Illustrator Mark Haddon
- Haddon has written his first novel for adults, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. The narrator of the story is an autistic teenager who is obsessed with Sherlock Holmes and who must prove his innocence when a neighborhood dog is killed. Haddon lives in England and teaches creative writing for the Arvon Foundation and for Oxford University. Terry Gross discusses the book with the author. [19:27 Realaudio broadcast] (June 26, 2003)
The Aspie Life
- Musings and thoughts on living a successful life with Asperger Syndrome. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 15, 2015 at 17:50:15 UTC -