become an editor
the entire directory
only in Depression/Seasonal_Affective
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Mood: Depression: Seasonal Affective
American Family Physician: Seasonal Affective Disorders
- An in depth, clinical discussion of this disorder.
Ayurveda Regime for Winter Depression
- Details treatment by this Asian Indian holistic discipline.
Brighten Your Life
- An online book by a psychiatrist about bright light therapy for depression and sleep.
Center for Environmental Therapeutics
- Non-profit organization dedicated to education and research on treatments for SAD, nonseasonal depression and circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Includes forum, FAQ and self-assessment tool.
Clinical Trials: Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Solicits volunteers for current NIMH studies.
Here to Help: Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Fact sheet includes suggested treatments, and advice on buying a lightbox.
Mayo Clinic: Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Describes symptoms, screening and treatment options.
Negative Ions Create Positive Vibes
- Discusses negative ions as an alternative therapy to depression.
Norman E. Rosenthal
- Pioneering research psychiatrist presents articles, personal comments, and mentions of his books.
- An interview with researcher Norman Rosenthal, MD.
Seasonal Affective Disorder Association
- Information and membership details for a UK based organization.
Seasonal Affective Disorder: Winter Depression
- Discusses the diagnosis and treatment of this disorder. Covers related mood and sleep problems.
Society for Light Treatment and Biological Rhythms
- An international organization promoting research, professional development and clinical applications, with details of meetings and membership.
Talk Therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder?
- Discusses research study of cognitive behavioral therapy's effect on this disorder. (WebMD.com)
Yahoo Groups: S-A-D
- Message board for sufferers.
Anyone Got a Light?
- Discusses phototherapy as a replacement for diminished light. (BBC) (December 04, 2003)
Seasonal Affective Disorder: Let the Sun Shine In When its Dark Outside
- A Salon.com article by a physician. (January 03, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:19:17 PM EDT -