the entire directory
only in Mood/Depression
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Mood: Depression
Articles and Research
Products and Services
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Mood: Bipolar Disorder
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Suicide
This category in other languages:
100+ Nutrients Crosslinked to Disease
- Click to cross between nutrient and depression associations, scientific research information. Nutrient, lifestyle, and medical options, drugs, and precautions.
All About Depression
- Depression, its causes, diagnosis, and treatment. Discussion board, newsletter, Web and book resources, news and research, and online assessments and workshops.
Answers to Depression
- Depression information, causes, diagnosis, ebook on how to feel better and self test.
- Australian organisation provides information about depression to consumers, carers and health professionals.
BluePages Depression Information
- Information about depression compiled by the Australian National University's Centre for Mental Health Research.
- Wikipedia entry includes van Gogh painting, descriptions of treatments, signs and symptoms, causes and the prognosis.
Cure for Unhappiness
- Unhappiness and grief - causes and cures.
- Online information - symptoms, treatment modalities, news articles and interactive support for teenage and adult Australians afflicted depressive illnesses.
- Diagnosis and treatment of depression.
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists offers leaflets and a list of resources for patients and relatives. Some can be downloaded as PDF files.
- Treatment advances for major depressive disorder and resources from the pharmaceutical company, Eli Lilly - newsletter, PowerPoint presentation about depression and a symptom checklist.
Depression Center at The University of Michigan
- Free screening, women depression guide, articles, and research.
Depression Help and Prevention
- Depression help, information on symptoms and cure of different types of depression, recommended books, self help courses, and articles.
- Offers information on multiple different types of depression from both traditional and alternative views.
Depression News - Topix
- News on depression collected from diverse sources on the web.
Depression Resource Center
- Medical news, information, articles, links, message boards, and books.
Depression and Manic Depression
- The causes and treatments of both bipolar (manic) depression and depression.
Depression from Ladies Home Journal
- Information on symptoms of depression including postpartum depression in new mothers, ways to manage depression and stress and depression.
- Facts about depression, including how to manage it and how to live with this medical condition.
Depression: An Introduction
- Information and symptoms of depression with a depression support site and information for friends and family. Also includes information on antidepressants, therapy, suicide, myths, books, poetry, and links.
- An online psychiatrist describes depression and its treatment. Includes symptoms, patient stories and online testing.
Focus on Depression
- Depression and depressive disorders - information on treatment, antidepressant medications, and support groups.
HealthyPlace.com Depression Community
- How to diagnose, manage and treat depression. Includes antidepressant medication information, hosted support groups, chatrooms, and online tests.
Initiative on Depression and Primary Care at Dartmouth
- A program to enhance physicians' ability to recognize and treat depression. Includes project summaries and resources.
- Health information reviewed by Harvard Medical School. Includes a depression self-assessment, treatment options, intervention, information on high-risk groups, and an Ask The Expert section.
Mayo Clinic: Depression
- Includes symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, self-care, coping skills, alternative medicine, and a self-assessment test.
Mental Illness Education Project
- MIEP offers manic depression videos for families, individuals, and institutions.
- Information and resources about depression and its causes.
- National Institute of Mental Health presents a series of articles on symptoms and management. Includes booklets of personal accounts and descriptions of related disorders.
RealAge Depression Center
- Information, risk factors, and treatment plans for all types of depression symptoms, free depression test and personalized recommendations.
The Lundbeck Institute
- Information about CNS diseases, such as depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson, Alzheimer and migraine.
The Meaning of Depression
- Depression is a natural response and a natural solution with a meaning that can and should be deciphered.
To Heal Depression
- A source of information on cause, diagnosis, and treatment of depression.
Twilight Bridge - Depression Resource Center
- Resources on depression including webcasts by prominent psychiatrists, articles, forums, online screening, support through online forum and links.
- Learn to understand depression and the role that thinking and attitude can play in it. Includes an online depression test, depression symptoms and cognitive therapy information.
WebMD - Depression Resource
- Educational resource on depression and depressive disorders, including links to full text articles.
WebMD Depression Health Center
- Provides explanations of symptoms, medications, and therapy.
Wing of Madness
- A consumer's guide to depression, with articles, links, and a message board.
Wing of Madness Depression News
- Weblog highlighting current news on various forms of depression and their treatment.
Yahoo! Health - Depression Health Center
- Information on depression and depressive illnesses - symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, resources and news.
- Information and links about clinical depression, including self-help and support.
- A source of information, help, and support for people who have depression or are depressed.
eMedicine Health - Depression
- Overview of depression and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
Something in the way he moves
- Article in the Economist; "Depressed people move in a mathematically different way from other people". (September 27, 2007)
NPR : Calculating the Costs of Mental Health Care
- With the growing costs of antidepressants and mental health care, many businesses are reluctant to provide health insurance coverage for mental illness. Yet others have found that paying for employee treatment saves money in the end. NPR's Joanne Silberner reports. [8:24 streaming audio broadcast] (August 26, 2004)
NPR : Treating Depression in Adolescents
- It's estimated that one of every 20 adolescents suffers from clinical depression. Few of the newer antidepressants have proven effective for teens. But researchers are reporting positive, measurable results with cognitive behavior therapy. NPR's Michelle Trudeau reports. [8:49 streaming audio broadcast] (June 04, 2004)
Usenet alt.support.depression -
Usenet alt.support.depression.medication -
Usenet alt.support.depression.seasonal -
Usenet alt.support.depression.teens -
Usenet soc.support.depression.crisis -
Usenet soc.support.depression.family -
Usenet soc.support.depression.misc -
Usenet soc.support.depression.seasonal -
Usenet soc.support.depression.treatment -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:40:20 AM EST -