become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bipolar_Disorder/Articles_and_Research
Articles and Research
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Mood: Articles and Research
Bipolar Clinic and Research Program
- Solicits volunteers for current research studies at a Massachusetts General Hospital clinic.
- Essay by a psychiatrist on the classification and treatment of mood disorders.
Bipolar Disorder and the Creative Mind
- Liz Paterek explores bipolar disorder and creativity.
Bipolar Genetics Collaboration
- Offers details on genetics research being carried out at major research universities. Includes articles, video and information on studies.
Bipolar II: Mood Swings without "Manic" Episodes
- Article written by James R. Phelps, M.D. Includes diagnosis, treatment and a list of mood stabilizers with case reports.
Child and Adolescent Bipolar Disorder
- A review of the epidemiology, comorbidity, neurobiology, and treatment of child and adolescent bipolar disorder over a ten year period. Includes developmental considerations, clinical characteristics, psychopharmacological and psychosocial treatments.
Clinical Practice Guidelines for Bipolar Disorder
- from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Provides management and assessment guidelines for schizoaffective disorder, mixed episode, rapid cycling and psychotic features. [free registration required]
Discovery That Common Mood Disorders Are Inherited Together May Reveal Genetic Underpinnings
- Discusses research into the genetics of panic disorder and manic depressive illness that suggests they are different forms of a shared biological condition. at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.
eMedicine: Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Offers a history of the illness, pathophysiology, mortality and morbidity, statistics, episodes definitions and causes.
Gaps Exist in Public's Understanding of Bipolar Disorder
- An article that discusses the results of a survey of public perception of the disorder.
HealthyPlace.com: Bipolar Conference Transcripts
- Living with the illness, food, parenting, treatment options, coping, suicide, medications, stability, self-help, children and special education law.
In Transition: Manic Depression and the New Year
- Dr. Peter Melgaard Thompson uses a New Year's party as metaphor for bipolar disorder.
Mental Health America: Bipolar Disorder and African Americans
- Discusses underreporting among this racial group.
The Prevalent Clinical Spectrum of Bipolar Disorders
- Provides an explanation of the illness, legal and illegal medications, guidelines and treatment as well as FAQ from Usenet newsgroups alt.support.depression.manic (ASDM) and soc.support.depression.manic (SSDM).
The Psychopharmacology of Bipolar Disorder
- A guide to medications, written by a psychiatrist, Peter M. Brigham, MD. (May 20, 2007)
PubMed: Family-based association study of 76 candidate genes in bipolar disorder
- Abstract details the testing of the association between 76 candidate genes and bipolar disorder, identifying brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) as a potential risk that will require additional study.
A Summary of Clinical Issues and Treatment Options
- Epidemiology, classifications, diagnosing, comorbidity, age of onset and gender issues, pregnancy and postpartum, medications, treatments, acute mania and mixed states.
Thyroid and Bipolar Disorder
- Includes information on the hormone, interactions, interpreting TSH results and treatment.
UCSD Department of Psychiatry Genetics Research Program
- The research goal is to identify the genes that contribute to certain psychiatric conditions such as bipolar disorder, major depression and schizophrenia. Contains findings about chromosome 22.
Use of Neuroleptics in Primary Care for the Management of Bipolar Disorder
- by Michael Menaster, MD. Treatment goals and challenges.
Are You Bipolar?
- Article discusses the over diagnosis of the illness in part due to the newly termed mild bipolar disorder. Includes author's personal perspective. by Vanessa Grigoriadis in New York Magazine (March 08, 2004)
Metroactive: Friends in High Places
- An article by Kelly Luker features profiles of some persons who have been diagnosed. (April 05, 2000)
Articles and Research
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 19, 2013 at 22:01:15 UTC -