become an editor
the entire directory
only in Dissociative/Multiple_Personality
Arts: Movies: Titles: S: Sybil
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Anxiety: Post-traumatic Stress
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Impulse Control: Self Injury
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Suicide
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Child Abuse: Ritual Abuse
Society: Issues: Health: Mental Health: Memory Controversies
Astraea's Multiple Personality Resources and Controversies
- Fresh perspectives on Multiple Personality/Plurality and numerous links. Multiplicity can be a healthy lifestyle alternative, rather than a pathological disorder.
Basic Information on Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Includes sections from the DSM-IV-TR, history of DID/MPD, and diagnosis.
Coming Out Multiple
- Essay by Bob King. A brief article on what it means to come out as a multiple and how to support and accept a friend who is multiple.
Coping with Dissociative Identity Disorder - Multiple Personality Disorder
- Ideas for coping with the symptoms of Dissociativie Identity Disorder, stories, tips and links to other resources.
Dissociation in the UK
- Information in the UK on Dissociation and Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) provided by The Pottergate Centre for Dissociation. Lists organisations, training, research, and information on how to find a therapist.
- Includes writings by Ralph Allison, M.D., one of the pioneers in treating multiplicity, explicating his unusual theory about the difference between Dissociative Identity Disorder and Multiple Personality Disorder.
Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Contains information on DID (multiple personality disorder) including: symptoms, diagnosis, etiology (cause), treatment and prognosis.
Doubt Cast on Story of Sybil
- Skeptical view on the story of Sybil, whose therapy with Cornelia Wilbur was documented in the book of the same name.
- Library for professionals about chronic trauma and dissociative disorders. Includes conferences. Site is in Dutch as well as English.
- A collection of essays, including for example, ones on fundamentalism, faith, and the relationship of ADHD to child abuse.
Gift Of Many - It Shouldn't Hurt To Be A Child!
- Enhancing awareness of the connection between MPD/DID and abuse.
HELP! My Friend Has Multiple Personalities
- An introduction to Dissociative Identity Disorder for friends and family members of those who have the condition.
Internet Crisis Center
- For those who are multiples because of the trauma they have endured as children including purported CIA mind-control. Also offers resources and information.
- Information and links about self injury, multiplicity, mid-continuum, depression, eating disorders and gay and Christian issues, from a UK perspective.
MPD/DID a Legitimate Diagnosis
- Personal perspective on the disease, with forum and information for caregivers.
MPD/DID Information Pages
- Information and support for multiples; includes a "Client Bill of Rights for Psychotherapy."
Multiple Personality and Dissociation Book List
- List of books, with reviews, about multiple personality and dissociation.
Seeing Through Multiple Eyes: TWCrew's Den
- Research/education, resources, and personal experiences shared by a mental health professional who also has Dissociative Identity Disorder.
Sidran Traumatic Stress Foundation
- A non-profit organization and publisher with on-line brochures and articles about DID and other trauma-related disorders, diagnostic materials that are available at cost, and training program. Books can be ordered online.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 29, 2012 at 23:18:25 UTC -