become an editor
the entire directory
only in Learning_Disabilities/Organizations
Child and Adolescent
Learning Disabilities Association of America
Association for Real Change (ARC)
- A membership organization offering support, training, and information to service providers assisting people with a learning disability in the UK.
The British Dyslexia Association
- Offers advice, information and help to families, professionals and dyslexic individuals. Committed to raising awareness and understanding of dyslexia, and to effect change.
British Institute for Learning Disabilities
- Committed to improving the lives of all persons with a Learning Disability.
- Dedicated to helping people with a learning disability and a sensory impairment. Provides workshops and theatrical performances to teach employers and legal groups about LD and sensory impairments, advocacy work, booklets and other publications, as well as a quarterly newsletter. Located in London and Leeds, UK.
Council for Learning Disabilities
- CLD is made up of professionals who establish standards of excellence and promotes innovative strategies for research and practice through interdisciplinary collegiality, collaboration, and advocacy. Contains information about conferences, the latest issues of Learning Disability Quarterly, and gives awards to "outstanding" researchers.
- An Australian charity providing specialist tuition, therapy, information, and counseling to children with learning difficulties, learning disabilities, or developmental delays and their families.
Mencap - the Learning Disability Charity
- Works to gain support, education, housing, jobs, and recreational opportunities for people with learning disabilities. Also offers supportive services to their families and care givers.
National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
- Offers news, events, information, resources, and referral services; promotes public awareness; develops educational programs; and advocates for more effective policies and legislation. Features "Living with LD" - a web-based guide for teens and adults to help promote success at school, at work, at home, and in the community.
- A charitable organization established to bring a unique program which replicates the primary reflex movements of the fetus and newborn baby into the public domain through training courses for those working with children with specific learning difficulties.
- A Christian voluntary organisation which values and supports people with learning disabilities so that they live their lives to the full.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 19, 2015 at 5:35:09 UTC -