the entire directory
only in Child_and_Adolescent/Learning_Disabilities
Child and Adolescent
ADD and ADHD
Central Auditory Processing Disorders
Nonverbal Learning Disorders
Training Centers and Programs
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Child and Adolescent: Intellectual Disability
Reference: Education: Special Education: Learning Disabilities
This category in other languages:
Ed Chapman's Speech and Developmental Delays
- Provides speech and language milestones, acronym definitions, and links to further information about speech disorders and developmental delays.
Edbydesign.com: Learning Disabilities
- Includes definition of Learning Disabilities, as well as links to pages about specific learning problems.
Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities
- Provides information about issues affecting the lives of people with learning disabilities, publications, workshops, conferences, and funds research and service projects.
LD Blog -- News and Musings about Learning Disabilities
- Provides current notes about events affecting Learning Disabilities and commentaries by John Wills Lloyd and Margaret P. Weiss.
- Melinda Pongrey, MSED, hosts a weekly on-line radio talk show that explores learning, learning difficulties, and learning disabilities with featured leaders in the field of medicine, science, education, ADHD, and various learning disabilities, including dyslexia.
LD Pride Online
- An online community for youth and adults with learning disabilities including Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Brochure from NIMH. In-depth look at Learning Disability types, causes, diagnostic procedures, education, medication, how families cope, governmental regulations, resources, and hope for the person with LD.
- Information sheet compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Learning Disabilities from About.com
- Sections include types of learning disabilities, how they are identified and formally diagnosed, education options, medications, types of assistance available, and options for support.
Learning Disabilities Online
- A selection of articles on learning disabilities including symptoms, possible causes, and alternative ways to prevent learning disorders.
National Youth Network
- Offers information for parents about various types of learning disabilities, diagnostic tests, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, and options that can aid them through the IEP process.
The Resource Room
- Teaching and learning resources in reading, spelling, math, and comprehension for people of all ages with learning disabilities. Provides exercises, articles, software reviews, book lists, lesson plans, tips, online store, and links to related resources and chat room. Also has information about Home Schooling, the Gifted LD student, and older learners for parents, students and teachers.
Smart Kids with LD
- Helping parents help their children succeed. Offers learning disability resources for parents and teachers; first-person success stories; questions answered by a panel of experts; and a newsletter.
SOAR Functional Limitations: Learning Disabilities
- Provides tips on accommodations employers can make for workers with Learning Disabilities. Also gives basic definitions for terms used to describe types of LD.
The Southern LINCS: Literacy & Learning Disabilities Special Collection
- Provides access to information on LD issues important to adults with learning disabilities and their families, teachers, tutors, Rehabilitation staff, caseworkers, and employers. Includes news, events, discussion groups, publications, research, resources, FAQs, assessments, and training projects.
Usenet alt.support.disorders.neurological -
Usenet alt.support.dyslexia -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 13:15:03 UTC -