the entire directory
only in Child_and_Adolescent/Learning_Disabilities
Child and Adolescent
Open Directory - Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Child and Adolescent: Learning Disabilities
ADD and ADHD
Central Auditory Processing Disorders
Nonverbal Learning Disorders
Training Centers and Programs
Health: Mental Health: Disorders: Child and Adolescent: Intellectual Disability
Reference: Education: Special Education: Learning Disabilities
This category in other languages:
Adolescents and Adults with Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Disorders
- Large listing of organizations, consumer groups, government sites and adult literacy. A few have WWW links, but all have phone numbers and address.
Ed Chapman's Speech and Developmental Delays
- Provides speech and language milestones, acronym definitions, and links to further information about speech disorders and developmental delays.
Edbydesign.com: Learning Disabilities
- Includes definition of Learning Disabilities, as well as links to pages about specific learning problems.
Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities
- Provides information about issues affecting the lives of people with learning disabilities, publications, workshops, conferences, and funds research and service projects.
Keep Kids Healthy - Guide to School Performance
- A discussion of school performance problems in adolescents, including ADHD, learning disabilities, motivation, school strategies.
LD Blog -- News and Musings about Learning Disabilities
- Provides current notes about events affecting Learning Disabilities and commentaries by John Wills Lloyd and Margaret P. Weiss.
- Melinda Pongrey, MSED, hosts a weekly on-line radio talk show that explores learning, learning difficulties, and learning disabilities with featured leaders in the field of medicine, science, education, ADHD, and various learning disabilities, including dyslexia.
LD Pride Online
- An online community for youth and adults with learning disabilities including Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Brochure from NIMH. In-depth look at Learning Disability types, causes, diagnostic procedures, education, medication, how families cope, governmental regulations, resources, and hope for the person with LD.
- Information sheet compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Learning Disabilities from About.com
- Sections include types of learning disabilities, how they are identified and formally diagnosed, education options, medications, types of assistance available, and options for support.
Learning Disabilities Online
- A selection of articles on learning disabilities including symptoms, possible causes, and alternative ways to prevent learning disorders.
Living with an Invisible Disability
- Provides links to (C)APD, dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, Autism, SID (DSI), Aspergers, hyperlexia, dyslexia, conferences, educational topics, and general LD resources. Also provides an Adult Chat room, and Kid's CAPD chat pages.
National Youth Network
- Offers information for parents about various types of learning disabilities, diagnostic tests, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, and options that can aid them through the IEP process.
Pediatric Oncall: Learning Disabilities
- A basic information guide aimed at parents of LD children and teens.
The Resource Room
- Teaching and learning resources in reading, spelling, math, and comprehension for people of all ages with learning disabilities. Provides exercises, articles, software reviews, book lists, lesson plans, tips, online store, and links to related resources and chat room. Also has information about Home Schooling, the Gifted LD student, and older learners for parents, students and teachers.
Smart Kids with LD
- Helping parents help their children succeed. Offers learning disability resources for parents and teachers; first-person success stories; questions answered by a panel of experts; and a newsletter.
SOAR Functional Limitations: Learning Disabilities
- Provides tips on accommodations employers can make for workers with Learning Disabilities. Also gives basic definitions for terms used to describe types of LD.
The Southern LINCS: Literacy & Learning Disabilities Special Collection
- Provides access to information on LD issues important to adults with learning disabilities and their families, teachers, tutors, Rehabilitation staff, caseworkers, and employers. Includes news, events, discussion groups, publications, research, resources, FAQs, assessments, and training projects.
Speech and Language Disorders
- The Kaufman Children's Center for Speech and Language Disorders, Inc. provides early intervention to children with communication disorders including central auditory processing disorders, autism, Asperger's, receptive and expressive language disorders, apraxia, and articulation difficulties. General overview of these disorders, symptoms and even early signs for parents of infants as well. (See index in the left column of the web site.)
Usenet alt.support.disorders.neurological -
Usenet alt.support.dyslexia -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, May 10, 2013 11:15:33 AM EDT -