the entire directory
only in Mental_Health/Counseling_Services
Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
Neuro Linguistic Programming
Science: Social Sciences: Social Work
Shopping: Publications: Books: Health: Mental Health
Society: Relationships: Marriage: Education and Enrichment
Society: Relationships: Weddings: Help and Advice
This category in other languages:
- Information explaining what psychotherapy is, how it works, why it works, what should happen there, why go, when to stop, how to find and choose a therapist.
Cancer as a Turning Point
- Lawrence LeShan, PhD and staff offer cancer support retreats and individual marathon therapy sessions, in NYC, NC and CT.
Center for Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Provides evaluation and treatment services for people with a wide range of physical and emotional problems. Includes information about the evaluation, links and contact details. Located in Decatur, Georgia.
Claremont Behavioral Services
- Resource for personal, practical worksite-focused EAP services to private and public sector employers, their employees and family members.
- Offering support on a range of personal issues via various means. Includes information on support options and fees.
Could Counselling Help?
- Information on different types of counselling and psychotherapy, how they work, FAQs, common issues including anxiety and depression, and online tests.
- Written by Dr. Daniel Baney, an ordained United Methodist minister and licensed psychologist, this article examines what to look for in a choosing a counselor.
- Provides educational materials on mental health and psychotherapy, including diagnostic criteria, descriptions of different therapeutic approaches, an bibliography, discussion and support groups, and book reviews.
- General resource for counseling and psychotherapy. Includes FAQs staffed by professionals and information on how to find a qualified mental health counselor.
Damien O'Farrell Foundation
- Dedicated to personal growth, curing addictions, nutrition, health, stress management, and self-love. Private sessions, workshops, courses, and seminars. Located in Rome, Italy. Travels internationally.
The Doctors Gurr
- Husband and wife team of psychologists in New York State. Includes newsletter articles and links for the general public and mental health professionals.
Dr. Kathy Marshack, Ph.D.
- Family business counselling, family business online therapy, psychotherapy and family business consultation. Author of "Entrepreneurial Couples: Making it Work at Work and at Home".
Dr. Marian Stansbury, Ph.D.
- Offers counseling and coaching for individuals and couples. Online quizzes, tests, and articles. Office in Connecticut.
Dr. Ofer Zur, Ph.D.
- Therapy without the constraints and intrusion of managed-care. Online catalog, free downloads, seminars. California, Sonoma.
Dr.Deborah Sunbeck and Infinity Walk
- Training, books and videos: an accelerated sensory motor cognitive language development program for ages 6-adult, special education, occupational therapy, superlearning, all learning styles, dyslexia, multiple intelligence, whole brain learning, improved self-esteem, performance skills.
- Licensed clinical social worker provides general counseling, in-person or telephone consultations. Contains articles on general counseling, substance abuse quiz, and mediation. Boynton Beach, Florida.
The Excel Center
- Counselling and hypnotherapy clinic in Alberta Canada. Offers a mental health therapist referral service, hypnosis audio programs, and on-line Inspiration Journal and Forum.
FEI Behavioral Health
- Employee assistance programs. Work, life, and crisis management. Services are provided in-person, over the phone and through a customized website.
Galway Counselling Studies
- Provides information on individual counselling and psychotherapy, courses in counselling, psychotherapy and managing stress. Offers supervision for counsellors, psychotherapists, psychologists, and trainers. Based in Ireland.
Gregory J. Boyce
- Description of psychotherapy. Mini-lessons on Transactional Analysis. Links to other mental health sites and referral sources.
The Houle Pychology Clinic
- Dr. Houle's practice is dedicated to the study, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Newsletter, online advice, and products.
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes
- Offers programs to develop the sensory-cognitive processes. Includes details of programs, services, and locations throughout the United States and London, England.
Matrix Psychological Services
- Employee Assistance Programs and consulting services help corporate clients care for their employees through a nationwide network of doctorally trained psychologists.
- National and regional psychiatric and mental health hospital located near Boston, Massachusetts. Information about programs, research, and topics in mental health.
MEERS, INC. Consulting Psychologists
- A family practice of psychology with an emphasis on consultative, wellness, and psycho-educational approaches for all ages, located in Ohio. Offers online articles on mental health issues.
- Specialty psychiatric and behavioral hospital offering diagnostic and treatment programs for adolescents and adults from around the US. Includes information about services and research activities. In Houston, Texas; originally in Topeka, Kansas.
Mental Health Information by Dr. Marty Tashman
- Collection of mental health papers that help you decide when a person needs therapy or how to select a therapist.
- Jeff Leiken counselor, educator, works with at risk youth. Training consulting and youth advocacy programs also provided.
Merle James Yost
- Public forums for men with gynecomastia or men who have been sexually abused. Information about his books and his psychotherapy practice. A question and answer column, a book of the month and many links.
Multicultural Family Institute
- Offers a wide variety of conferences, programs, seminars, training, sessions, and clinical services to individuals and families. Based in New Jersey. Monica McGoldrick LCSW, PhD (h.c.), Director.
Multiple Family Group Therapy
- Focuses on the multiple family group style of therapy. Counseling offered. On-line articles.
New Dawn Recovery Centers
- Provides residential and outpatient services for those with substance abuse problems and eating disorders. Features details of staff, facilities and programs, with fee schedule and testimonials. California.
Optimum Health Resources
- Family physician, author and speaker, Dr.David Rainham provides a stress test, books and tapes to guide in taking charge of stress.
Our Emotional Minds
- A new therapeutic approach, known as Clinical Affectology and af-x Therapy, resolves depression, anxiety, stress, and psychosomatic symptoms.
Oyster Point Psychological Practice Inc
- Providing clinical and forensic services. Includes practitioner biography, contact details, and FAQ.
Paul Haider - Stress Management
- Offers corporate and individual stress management programs and seminars.
People Resources - Employee Assistance Programs
- Committed to helping businesses solve problems that deplete human potential and human assets. Offers online services as well as services in Missouri.
Peter Rath, Psy.D.
- A brief description of services provided (California) as well as information on a live internet psychology talk show.
The Phoenix Center
- Individual and marital counselling, and business mentoring services. Download a free 45 page book on building excellent relationships.
Processus Counseling and Consulting
- Features an overview of services, staff, and location. Lists free talk series offered each fall and spring. Provides articles of interest in the areas of depression, marriage, children and divorce, eating disorders, parenting adolescents. Located in Minnesota.
- Treatment of emotional and marital problems, psychotherapy, and hypnotherapy. How to select and check qualifications of a therapist, symptoms of panic disorders and other emotional problems.
The Rational Basis of Happiness
- Ask Dr. Kenner, clinical psychologist, any personal question toll-free. Happiness has a rational basis.
Resource Center for Freedom of Mind
- Helping victims of mind control. Defines a cult - stating not all are religion based. Links to cult awareness groups and resources. Steven Hassan, author of Combatting Cult Mind Control.
Richard Grossman, Ph.D.
- Psychotherapy for individuals and couples. Essays on psychotherapy, couples counseling, parenting, and a variety of other topics in psychology. Located in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Rick Carson and Associates
- Psychotherapist and author of two books ("Taming Your Gremlin" and "Never Get a Tattoo"). Offers confidential counseling, books and cassettes.
Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute
- Offering treatment at three locations in Missouri and Southern Illinois, for families and individuals suffering from emotional and behavioral problems. Includes details of programs, staff, and facilities.
The Sylvia Gearing Women's Center
- Describes Dr. Sylvia Gearing's work in stress with women, communication and relationships. A nationally known media psychologist, her books, tapes, and seminars are featured.
- Counsels theft offenders of all ages, provides theft victim services, and professional training services.
- Provides nationwide employee support and wellness services.
The Whole Child Center
- Learning, behavior, and social problems of children. Definitions of attention deficit disorder, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, emotional intelligence, and the whole child philosophy. Mailing list. Toll free hotlines and helplines, resources links. New York; New York.
Without Conflict There Can Be No Growth
- Phyllis Karpe Bergstein, counselor and author of "The Courage to Confront Coloring Book for Adults". Pioneered Confrontation Therapy for women.
Yorkshire Training Centre
- Psychotherapy and counselling offered by experienced and registered therapists. Also training in professional psychotherapy qualifications.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2016 at 6:15:03 UTC -