the entire directory
only in Surgery/Cardiothoracic
Surgeons and Clinics
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Cardiology
Health: Medicine: Surgery: Thoracic
This category in other languages:
Angioplasty / PTCA Home Page
- Includes resources for interventional cardiologists and patients alike, discussion forum, list of meetings worldwide, historical information, interviews with pioneering cardiologists and industry leaders.
Aztec Heart Inc.
- Information from the makers of a harness for bypass patients that may help provide decreased pain, lower infection rates, quicker healing time, and easier breathing.
CardioGenesis Laser Therapies for Angina and Heart Disease Patients
- Surgical laser therapies for the treatment of severe angina pectoris and advanced cardiovascular disease through Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR) and Percutaneous Myocardial Revascularization (PMR).
Cardiothoracic Surgery Network
- Resources on cardiothoracic issues, organizations, surgeons, journals. Special section includes case histories, image and video gallery, forum and related discussions.
Cardiovascular Pathology Index
- Images of pathology specimens of the heart and blood vessels.
Development of the Human Heart
- Includes text and images. Provided by the Loyola University Medical Education Network.
EuroSCORE Cardiac Surgery Index
- A method of calculating predicted operative mortality for patients undergoing cardiac surgery. Provides an interactive calculator, allowing patients to work out their own risk for heart surgery, and information about the index and references.
Heart Disease Guide at About.com
- A resource library of categorized links on heart disease and surgery. The sections on heart surgery contain a list of the best sites around the web in heart surgery.
Heart Surgery Patient Guide
- Includes an introduction, information on heart transplant, minimally invasive bypass, conventional bypass and heart valve surgery, things you should do and other data such as non-invasive treatment options.
- A network of individuals and organizations committed to improving the quality of cardiac care in the developing world. Has information on membership, resources, and a discussion forum.
Project Open Hearts
- A non-profit organization that works with foreign medical staff to provide first-hand surgical training, assistance with diagnostic procedures and consultations. Lists needs, volunteer information and past projects and goals.
- Of interest to both doctors, and patients, content includes operative photos, animation and video regarding the Ross Procedure and Dr. Stelzer.
- Presents information about cardiac surgery including frequently asked questions.
Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery
- Informative site for surgery of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels. Includes physician profiles, procedure descriptions and videos, and results for cardiac surgery procedures.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 6, 2015 at 5:24:03 UTC -