the entire directory
only in Medicine/Reference
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Reference
Evidence Based Medicine
History of Medicine
Health: Education: Patient Education
Health: Resources: Professional
This category in other languages:
The National Center for Health Statistics
- Information on births, deaths, ageing, disease classification and other health statistics.
Building Better Health
- Medical and healthcare information on disease and health improvement topics. Includes medical news, clinical research and newsletters.
- Provides links to free medical and medically-related sites.
- Information on a variety of health issues from medical experts. Includes FAQ.
Health Information Library
- Alphabetical listing of health information topics by the Carle Clinic and Hospital.
Longevity Healthy Aging Research Group
- Information from this Canadian organisation on getting older and staying healthy.
- Includes reference books, journal search, practice guidelines, patient education and drug information. Subscription required, free trial period.
- A collection of online clinical calculators. Includes ABG, GFR, Fluids and BMI calculations and interpretations.
- Information services with a clinical and practical focus for physicians and other health care professionals.
- Database of medical images including radiology, pathology, and dermatology. Case of the Week with CME for physicians and CNE for nurses.
- Lists hospitals, charities, NGOs and recruitment agencies around the world to help doctors, nurses and medical students plan work and electives overseas.
- Information on diseases and conditions, support groups and drug information. Primarily patient-oriented.
- Links to health resources for patients, professionals and an online medical library.
- Interactive symptom checker, includes details of some possible causes.
NCEMI: Common Simple Emergencies
- An online manual with detailed instructions and illustrations on how to treat various everyday medical emergencies.
- Information for patients and clinicians on aspects of healthcare. Includes an index of health topics.
- A testing and awareness site to provide the public and healthcare provider with medical information on various medical conditions.
- A patient-oriented portal for up-to-date health information on fitness, lifestyle, nutrition and health tools.
RJ's Medical Directory
- A collection of medical links and information categorized by specific topics.
South African Health Information
- Reviewed, evidence-based health information based on the South African health system.
- Offers information on diseases, disorders, medications, parenting, and pregnancy. Also includes a searchable medical dictionary.
The Doctors Page
- Links to patient education materials, medical reference sites and medical humor.
The Merck Manual
- Online version of The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy.
Virtual Naval Hospital
- A digital library designed to help primary care providers and to help patients associated with naval medical issues. A service of the U.S. Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
Virtual Pediatric Hospital
- A digital health sciences library at the University of Iowa for health care providers and patients.
- Offering over 100 in-depth reports on physical and mental diseases and wellness issues. Written by medical writers and reviewed by a board at Harvard Medical School. Some information available free but most requires paid access.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:15:21 PM EST -