become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pharmacology/Psychopharmacology
Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Psychiatry
Health: Mental Health: Disorders
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Antianxiety Agents
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Antidepressants
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Antipsychotics
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: Stimulants
Society: Issues: Health: Mental Health: Medication
APA Division of Psychopharmacology and Substance Abuse
- The APA's page dedicated to drugs, medication and substance abuse. An online newsletter, public policy advisories, action alerts, web resources.
APA Psychiatric Medications Overview
- APA article and resources regarding psychiatric medications.
Basic Psychopharmacology of Antidepressants
- How do antidepressants work? TCAs, SSRIs, RIMAs, psychopharmacological options and choices, Bupropion Amineptine, Reboxetine, Nefazodone, Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine Antidepressants, Tranylcypromine, medication for Atypical Depression and Retarded Depression .
Crazy Meds - Mental Illness With an Attitude
- A guide to psychiatric medications from first-hand experience, anecdotal evidence and personal research.
Depression Drugs Blog
- The effects of various antidepressant drugs.
Drugs, Brains and Behavior
- Textbook of behavioral pharmacology, by C. R. Timmons and L. W. Hamilton, freely available in its entirety.
The Good Drug Guide
- Mood-brighteners and antidepressants - pharmacological abstracts, couched in an unorthodox life philosophy.
The Neuropsychopharmacology of Personality Disorders
- Article regarding the neuropsychopharmacology of personality disorders.
Pacific Neuropsychiatric Institute: Psychopharmacology
- Psychopharmacology - the Study of Psychiatric Drugs: research abstracts, recommended reading,ethics, geriatric psychopharmacology, recreational drugs, forensics, neuropsychiatry and links.
- Counselling services by Dr Mervin van der Spuy. Offers professional pharmacological informed psychotherapy and specializing in helping people with medication related counselling issues.
- Illustrated tutorials on basic concepts in pharmacology and psychopharmacology. Features videos and animations on different types of drug classes and their mechanism of action.
Psychiatric Drug Facts
- Peter R. Breggin, M.D., presents his views about the potential dangers of SSRIs, psychostimulants, benzodiazepines, antipsychotic drugs, electroshock, and other treatments. Books available for sale.
- Articles and psychopharmacology video lectures by Dr.Flavio Guzman for healthcare professionals.
- Links to information on specific psychiatric medications and to psychopharmacological web sites.Maintained by the Northern County Psychiatric Association.
- These tips are just that -- tips -- and not (with some exceptions) the results of scientific studies. They should not be construed as providing diagnosis, medical advice, or treatment.
Psychopharmacology Update Notes
- Analyses of the comparative effectiveness, side effects and toxicity of psychotropic drugs with emphases on serotonin syndrome and monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- Article introducing the history of the subdiscipline, research, psychoactive drugs and psychiatric medication, compiled by the public.
Usenet sci.med -
Usenet sci.med.pharmacy -
Usenet sci.med.psychobiology -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2016 at 10:35:12 UTC -