become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pharmacology/Pharmacogenomics
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Pharmacology: Pharmacogenomics
Science: Biology: Genetics
American Medical Association: Pharmacogenomics
- Provides examples, scenarios, implications, definitions, and the economics of pharmacogenetics.
- Non-profit organization focused on promoting the science and practice of personalized medicine through research, commercialization and education. Provide information on ongoing partnerships, clinical trials and studies of marketed products.
- Diagnostics company providing analysis of FGFR2 gene that have been associated with several medical conditions including Breast Cancer, Apert Syndrom, and Jackson-Weiss Syndrome. Provides information about the company, diagnostic assays, and services.
- Offers pharmacogenomic tests to clinical diagnostic laboratories and research institutions.
National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- Provides information on the institute's pharmacogenetics research network . Includes links to program announcements, news and events, and resources.
- Links to Pharmacology Research Partners.
- Provides readers with an in-depth coverage of the latest developments in oncology, pharmacogenomics, and genetics.
Personalized Medicine Portal
- Portal for research and clinical news and articles related to personalized medicine.
Pharmaco-What? Introducing Personalized Medicine
- Provides an easily understandable introduction to pharmacogenomics, the study of how different drugs interact with multiple genes and the biological molecules they encode.
Pharmacogenetics of Anticancer Agents Research Group - PAAR
- Identify and evaluate polymorphisms in drug metabolizing enzymes, transporters, or targets relevant to anticancer agents. Includes publications, training, and related links.
The Pharmacogenomics Journal
- Dedicated to the rapid publication of original research on basic pharmacogenomics research and its clinical applications.
- Journal articles and exclusive reports on human genetic variations and their effects on response to drugs. This is a GenomeWeb online publication.
Pharmacogenomics: Medicine and the New Genetics
- Overview, anticipated benefits, and links to related resources. From the U.S. Human Genome Project.
Pharmocogenetics Knowledge Base
- Integrated resource about how variation in human genetics leads to variation in response to drugs.
UCSF Pharmacogenetics of Membrane Transporters Project
- Conduct research and a series of integrated studies to elucidate the pharmacogenetics of membrane transport proteins. Includes information on personnel, publications, training, and available data.
- Online encyclopedia entry on this field which is generally regarded as the study or clinical testing of genetic variation that gives rise to differing response to drugs.
- Online encyclopedia entry on this branch of pharmacology which deals with the influence of genetic variation on drug response in patients by correlating gene expression or single-nucleotide polymorphisms with a drug's efficacy or toxicity.
A Drug to Call One's Own
- Article by Alla Katsnelson from the Scientific American on how variations in a persons' genes may cause variations in responses to drug treatments. (August 01, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 8, 2014 at 0:44:56 UTC -