become an editor
the entire directory
only in Refractive_Correction/LASIK
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Ophthalmology: Refractive Correction: LASIK
FDA - LASIK Eye Surgery
- Unbiased FAQ, checklists, and a glossary to help consumers learn about the procedure.
Ask Lasik Doctors
- Includes a doctor directory, articles and a bulletin board for patients to ask questions and answers.
Co-management of LASIK
- Explanation of problems associated with surgical co-management and fee splitting in refractive surgery.
eMedicine - Future Advances in LASIK
- Dr. Christopher Yo reviews the latest research on and future goals of laser vision correction. Includes pictures and videos.
FTC Stops Allegedly Misleading Representations
- Information about actions against two laser eye surgery chains for unsubstantiated advertising claims.
- One practitioner's guide to evaluation and surgery, and how to select a surgeon.
Medical Management Services Group
- Provides information about this procedure, with links to individual practices.
British National Health Service Won't Provide LASIK
- Laser eye surgery should not be routinely given to short-sighted patients on the NHS, a watchdog has said. (December 15, 2004)
Temperature And Humidity Can Affect LASIK Surgery Results
- These factors can increase the number of people who need follow-up procedures, report researchers from Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. (April 22, 2004)
SFGate.com - A Look At One Failed Surgery and How New Lasik Technology Might Fix Such Mistakes
- A patient gets a LASIK surgery intended for another person. The story of a doctor's effort to undo the damage. (November 09, 2003)
Smartmoney.com: Consumer Action: Need Your Eyes Fixed?
- Compares positive and negative aspects of surgery to several nonsurgical vision correction methods. (November 07, 2003)
TheWGALChannel.com - Low-Cost LASIK Surgery
- An investigation into Pennsylvania state regulations related to mobile surgery centers. (November 06, 2003)
nbc4.com - The Real Deal: Lasik
- News station investigates a $299 per eye offer and learns there's a lot of fine print and an apparent effort to convince people to pay more than the advertised price. (October 31, 2003)
Usenet alt.lasik-eyes -
Usenet sci.med.vision -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 8, 2013 6:05:06 AM EDT -