become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gynecology/Hysterectomy
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Obstetrics and Gynecology: Gynecology: Hysterectomy
Health: Women's Health: Conditions and Diseases: Uterus
Health: Women's Health: Menopause
About.com: Before You Have A Hysterectomy
- Information about reasons a hysterectomy might be required, as well as options. Articles and links to other resources.
Alternatives to Hysterectomy
- Information about gynecological conditions frequently treated with hysterectomy and discussion of safe and effective alternative treatments. Includes case studies and a form to ask the doctor questions.
- Information for consumers from the New York State Department of Health. Provides information about uterus and ovary functions, health issues that may require a hysterectomy, other treatments that may be tried, and a list of questions to ask the doctor.
- Provides information on reasons for a hysterectomy, with color illustrations, and the types of surgery that may be done.
Hysterectomy and the Alternatives
- Information on hysterectomies and alternative treatments for fibroid tumors and other conditions.
Hysterectomy: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
- Describes the various types of procedures, reasons, risks and what to expect afterward.
Hysterectomy: Patient UK
- Leaflet gives a brief overview of the operation, with an FAQ and illustrations.
Hysterectomy: Women's Reproductive Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers fact sheets with statistics on the procedure within the United States.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:45:05 AM EST -