become an editor
the entire directory
only in Blood_Products/Cord_Blood
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Hematology: Blood Products: Cord Blood
Cord Blood Banks
Science: Biology: Biotechnology: Stem Cells
AAP: Cord Blood Banking for Potential Future Transplantation
- Policy statement issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics in January 2007.
- Informational resource to help guide parents who are considering banking their children's cord blood.
Cord Blood Awareness
- Provides information on family banking, public donations and free programs, factsheets, legislation and US state and federal news.
Cord Blood Bank & Stem Cells
- Provides an overview of cord blood and stem cell transplants, news, resources, FAQ and a list of cord blood banks around the world.
Cord Blood Banking
- A pediatricians's discussion on the benefits and risks of donating a baby's umbilical cord blood. From the "Keep Kids Healthy" website.
Cord Blood Banking
- General discussion by Dr. Vincent Ianelli of whether or not you should bank your baby's umbilical cord blood in a private bank.
Cord Blood Banking: Donating Umbilical Cord Blood
- Provides information on cord blood, its collection and storage, its use in regenerative medicine and the diseases it may be used to treat.
- Advocates greater awareness by mothers of their rights to preserve their baby's cord blood for use by their own family, donate it to a public bank for community use, or just throw it away.
Parent’s Guide to Cord Blood
- Aims to educate parents about cord blood medical research and the storage options. Includes details of public and private banks around the world.
Save the Cord Foundation
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to providing parents with unbiased educational information regarding cord blood preservation and its life-saving qualities.
Stem Cell Research News
- Provides information about the science, preservation and use of cord blood stem cells so that new parents can make informed decisions.
The Stem Cell Source
- The Cord Blood Registry provides a blog about the science and usage of newborn stem cells.
Wadsworth Center Blood and Tissue Resources
- New York State Department of Health guidelines for collection, processing and storage of cord blood stem cells.
Wikipedia: Cord Blood
- Encyclopedia article including an overview and information on regenerative medicine, medical guidelines, legislation and controversy.
WMDA: Cord Blood Working Group
- Gathers and shares information about cord blood registry activities and requirements, and develops best practices in support of safe and effective international exchange of cord blood.
Umbilical Cord Blood Banking: Insurance Against Future Diseases?
- Researchers are continuing to seek answers to the scientific and ethical questions surrounding this experimental and controversial medical procedure. Article by Holly Wagner of USA Today magazine online. (March 01, 2000)
Cord Blood: Preserving a Lifeline
- Collection and storage of newborns' umbilical cord blood for treatment against future disease is rising in popularity. (May 19, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:45:04 AM EDT -